The Student Room Group

DSA ASSESMENT LAPTOP: How long do you get to pay the 200 pound and where do you pay?

Hi All

Forgive how stupid this is gonna sound, have short term memory issues, but had my DSA assessment last week and my assessor has recommended a laptop for me, as my one is rather old, however I obviously have the £200 to pay... my question is how long would the student get to pay this? as currently having a bit of a financial hard time, and my parents would flip out at the cost.... and don't want them to know if they don't have to (fine to do it, it's just would appreciate a little time to come up with the money)

Secondly, would be where do I pay the money? :smile: many thanks for reading and in advance for any assistance ^_^
Original post by Samwin
Hi All

Forgive how stupid this is gonna sound, have short term memory issues, but had my DSA assessment last week and my assessor has recommended a laptop for me, as my one is rather old, however I obviously have the £200 to pay... my question is how long would the student get to pay this? as currently having a bit of a financial hard time, and my parents would flip out at the cost.... and don't want them to know if they don't have to (fine to do it, it's just would appreciate a little time to come up with the money)

Secondly, would be where do I pay the money? :smile: many thanks for reading and in advance for any assistance ^_^

You pay it to the supplier when you order the equipment from them. Can you get a student overdraft sorted to cover the cost till you get your student finance in?
Reply 2
Ahh that's great! :biggrin: thank you! :smile: :smile: and a very good idea actually, shall look into that :biggrin: (to be honest it will be awesome to have a working laptop :smile:
Original post by Samwin
Ahh that's great! :biggrin: thank you! :smile: :smile: and a very good idea actually, shall look into that :biggrin: (to be honest it will be awesome to have a working laptop :smile:

you should be able to go get an overdraft once your uni place is unconditional so you could probably get it sorted by next week:smile:
Did they change it in recent years then, when I was at uni 5 years ago I didnt have to pay a penny, if so typical government again.
Reply 5
Afraid it would seem so... :/ it's changed a lot and not in the best of ways... still thanks for the info guys :smile: I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest