The Student Room Group

Foods of The World Cooking Competition: WIN £30 food vouchers + a cook book!

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to cook the best World Food dish you can! The dish can be from any culture, Thai, Indian, Italian etc. :yum:

The winner will win an amazing £30 of Restaurant Choice vouchers :king1: :eating:

The runner up will win an awesome Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure Cook Book! :king2: :rock:

Post a photo of your dish by midnight on the 30th of August, and you could be in with a chance of winning these fab prizes :biggrin:

So get cooking, and try not to drop it on the floor :mmm: Good luck! :woo:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

One entry each or can you post several?
Original post by Wilfred Little
One entry each or can you post several?

I've just asked about this and agreed that 3 entries is the maximum - this should ensure users aren't restricted, but don't take advantage of it :yep:

Any ideas of what to cook? :h:
This isn't an official entry as I have a chicken katsu to cook (also part of my summer bucket list) but I made some Cajun Chicken fajitas the other day and they were delicious! The colours on the photo are a bit weird as the bbq sauce is actually a very light brown :s-smilie:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
I've just asked about this and agreed that 3 entries is the maximum - this should ensure users aren't restricted, but don't take advantage of it :yep:

Any ideas of what to cook? :h:

Thanks.

Yeah got a couple, will wait until I've posted them though :cool:
These are our housemates favourite - Hairy Bikers Chilli Salad bowls - they taste amazing
I can't cook, but :awesome:
@Boobles You should totally post our entry for this :mmm:
Original post by shadowdweller
@Boobles You should totally post our entry for this :mmm:

Oh yes, our amazing cooking :lol:

Here we have tofu, couscous, and allll of the veg (and a sprinkling of cheese). It looks a bit odd because I had eaten some before taking a photo.

...I should so write food descriptions for menus :u:

1439548451648.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Oh yes, our amazing cooking :lol:

Hey, we tried at least :mmm:
Here are my three entries - themed around Italy with homemade pizza, lasagne and spaghetti bolognese :smile:

Vindaloo.

Spoiler

I'll post my other next week. The country is Mexico.
Wow, looking at the entries so far makes me so hungry :eating:

Only 1 week left now to show off your cooking skills and enter for a chance to win these awesome prizes! :woo:
@BurstingBubbles @Queen Cersei if you move this thread to Food & Drink for the next week you might get more replies.

My 2nd entry should be posted Monday/Tuesday.
Ooh I had no idea this was a thing, I'll have to throw something together this week :teeth:

Original post by Wilfred Little
@BurstingBubbles @Queen Cersei if you move this thread to Food & Drink for the next week you might get more replies.

Agreed :yep:
What are you thinking of cooking? :gah:
ooh I never knew about this thread.. I'm not great at cooking, and I'm camping till Friday but I'll give it a go once I'm home :yep: might attempt some sort of Thai curry
I don't wanna enter this competition because if I do, it will be game over for all of you :frown:

only kidding, you guys are making me hungry with all the nice food pics :teeth:

I'll go easy on you lot for my dish, I'll see how much I can cook from now till the 30th.
ooh I never knew about this thread.. I'm not great at cooking, and I'm camping till Friday but I'll give it a go once I'm home :yep: might attempt some sort of Thai curry
oops double post

Quick Reply

Latest