The Student Room Group

Foods of The World Cooking Competition: WIN £30 food vouchers + a cook book!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
What are you thinking of cooking? :gah:

Something Spanish most likely, or maybe Mexican :yep: I'm also going to be cooking steak frites at some point, so that could be either French or Belgian cuisine depending on who you ask :ahee: Or maybe burgers, I'm in a massive burger phase now I've got my recipes down to a tee for them.

Basically stuff I'm planning to cook anyway, just with slightly better presentation :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm gonna get hold of some scallops if they got any shells left at the local fishmongers tomorrow. Can use that in my dish.

:colone:
Only 5 days left now :eek3: :woo:

Original post by James A
I'm gonna get hold of some scallops if they got any shells left at the local fishmongers tomorrow. Can use that in my dish.

:colone:

Still need to try these! :colone:
I have a glorious looking ~1lb ribeye steak salting in the fridge ready to be cooked tonight for my first entry, cote de boeuf with fondant frites, roasted garlic mayonnaise, balsamic onion jam and beef jus. It's going to be amazing :coma:

Although hopefully the judges of this competition don't mind the sight of rare meat :ahee:
This is my Indian coconut cake, all it uses is coconut flour, egg white and sugar!
It tastes like coconut meringue more than cake but it's delicious :biggrin:
Agh, I'd definitely have entered if I'd known this was going on! :tongue: I'll see if I can whip something up in the next few days... the only thing that I'm definitely making is scones, and I'm not sure if that would count.
Just 2 more days left to enter! :eek3: :excited:
***COMPETITION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT TODAY!***

If you want to enter, it's not too late. Post a photo of your cooking by midnight :h:
Competition is now closed. I'll get back to you about the winner asap :woo:
lol what happened? Was looking forward to yours.
The results are in... *drumroll*

The winner, winning an amazing £30 of food vouchers is... :king1:

Spoiler

The runner up, winning a Hairy Biker's Cook book is... :king2:

Spoiler

Congratulations both of you! CT will be in touch about your prize! :woo: :party:

Jeanlucpicard
x
Cheers guise.
Well done both of you :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol @Gofre what happened? Was looking forward to yours.

Urgh, had a crappy day and ended up stuck at work, it was really late when I finally got home and didn't feel like waiting over an hour for the frites to cook, the tldr recipe is "deep frying" them at the minimum temp/flame of your hob for 45 minutes, then raising to a low-medium heat for the final 20-30 minutes until they go crispy. The steak wouldn't have kept for another night (salting for 8+ hours is fine but after that it starts drying out) so I just fried it off and chucked it in a baguette with some grilled onions. It was still delicious, but I don't think a steak sandwich would have been worth posting :ahee:

Congrats on the win :h:
Cheers man, similar thing happened to me, my second entry would have been shredded chicken tacos.

Sounds decent, do you do all the sauce and that from scratch?

cote de boeuf with fondant frites, roasted garlic mayonnaise, balsamic onion jam and beef jus
Cheers man, similar thing happened to me, my second entry would have been shredded chicken tacos.

Sounds decent, do you do all the sauce and that from scratch?

Sounds good :yep:

Yeah everything was going to be entirely from scratch. None of processes were overly complex but I just wasn't in the mood at 10pm to be juggling pans and watching multiple things reduce while making mayonnaise :ahee:
Congratulations you too :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaaaay thank you so much! What details do you need from me? :biggrin:
Original post by cooperlizzy4

I think they will PM.

Congrats btw.
I think they will PM.

Congrats btw.

Original post by cooperlizzy4

I've just PMed Jeanlucpicard, as quotes can often get lost on here. So hopefully you'll hear by the end of the week :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending