McDonalds? I work there :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by acer0951
you have to be 18 to work in sainsburys... i asked!!!:mad:

nooot true, i have tons of friends who work there and they're 16/17! :O
Reply 22
Original post by KellySapphire
nooot true, i have tons of friends who work there and they're 16/17! :O

ive been lied to by a sainsburys worker!!!!!! btw which sainsburys are these?? cos she said 18 in the local one?
Original post by acer0951
ive been lied to by a sainsburys worker!!!!!! btw which sainsburys are these?? cos she said 18 in the local one?

well there my local ones, in crawley and horsham, two of which are big stores and one a little one :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by KellySapphire
well there my local ones, in crawley and horsham, two of which are big stores and one a little one :smile:

Crawley/East Grinstead all open but you can't apply till the last Friday on the June after you turn 16

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
Do not work at McDonalds. They exploit the **** out of you. My brother worked there, didn't get breaks often working in a hot kitchen all day, had to work nights as a 17 year old (which is illegal, but apparently not when you're a "working apprentice" (???))

I work for B&Q, and although I'm 18, they do hire 16 year olds and the pay is decent at 6.44 an hour and time and a half on Sunday :smile: Bit of a ****ty job, but it's retail so it's bound to be!
Original post by Tedaus
Do not work at McDonalds. They exploit the **** out of you. My brother worked there, didn't get breaks often working in a hot kitchen all day, had to work nights as a 17 year old (which is illegal, but apparently not when you're a "working apprentice" (???))

I work for B&Q, and although I'm 18, they do hire 16 year olds and the pay is decent at 6.44 an hour and time and a half on Sunday :smile: Bit of a ****ty job, but it's retail so it's bound to be!

17 year olds are allowed to work nights it is only illegal if your below school leaving age which is 16 or younger before the last week in june :smile:
Must of worked for a bad McDonalds, mine is good!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Hey everyone, i've just turned 16 last month and looking for a job doing anything from a farm hand to cashier, i live in middlesbrough and i've had experience as a glass collector in a pub msg me if you wish to know more.

Thanks.
Reply 29
I'm 16 and I work behind the bar in a restaurant in London and it's fairly good pay. But you do have to be careful because I've ended up working way longer hours and more shifts then I thought I would be which hasn't been helpful for my gcse's and general free time but the cheque at the end of the month is always awesome!
Reply 30
Original post by Tedaus

how did you apply for the job ?
Reply 31
I applied for waitrose and got an email saying my application is now under consideration! Maybe you should try applying there and I've heard they pay you well also!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by zezima
how did you apply for the job ?

On their website. The best time to apply is around October though probably because they've just let a load of temps go at my store and that's when they get Christmas temps in.
Original post by joie679
I'm 16 and I work behind the bar in a restaurant in London and it's fairly good pay. But you do have to be careful because I've ended up working way longer hours and more shifts then I thought I would be which hasn't been helpful for my gcse's and general free time but the cheque at the end of the month is always awesome!

How the heck are you managing to get away with working behind a bar at 16??!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 34
Nandos is good pay for a 16 year old
Reply 35
Original post by Ella1094
Nandos is good pay for a 16 year old

nandos ? do you have to apply online or go in store and give in your CV?
Reply 36
Original post by Claudette
How the heck are you managing to get away with working behind a bar at 16??!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

It's legal to work behind a bar at 16 if there are over 18's "supervising" you. Which I guess are all the floor staff. I look a bit older too so I guess nobody questions it!
Original post by joie679
It's legal to work behind a bar at 16 if there are over 18's "supervising" you. Which I guess are all the floor staff. I look a bit older too so I guess nobody questions it!

But surely you are not allowed to actually serve alcohol.
Anyone looking for something a bit different, outdoors and brilliant pay, try refereeing football. I did a 3 day course, and now ref up to under 11s for £20 an hour.

Exercise, outdoors, money, very good on CV, I can't recommend it enough.
Reply 39
Been looking for months upon months for a part time job, does anyone know when companies start hiring for xmas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending