The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This has got to be the longest most boring piece of coursework I have ever done. I have to hand it in tomorrow, am at about 20 thousand words and still nowhere near finishing. Kill me now!
Reply 21
I turned up late to the lesson missed the easy ones, I'm doing the aspirin one.

TLC, pH Titration/acid-base, back titration and melting point comparison.
Can someone please tell me where they saw an exemplar one which got 42/45. Presumably - anyone can access it?

Will rep - regards, Asad
Ok i see- from the main site

Thanks - repped.
Reply 25
Webbywise
I turned up late to the lesson missed the easy ones, I'm doing the aspirin one.

TLC, pH Titration/acid-base, back titration and melting point comparison.

DO NOT DO THE ASPIRIN EXPERIMENT!!!! (sorry webbywise, might be too late for you!). I did that for my c/w last year and it really was SOoooo boring and got me a terrible mark and requires a lot of writing up. It's almost too easy to get good marks for it. The most successful investigations I saw were the iodine clock and alcohol. Good luck you guys.
Reply 26
I'm doing the reaction between peroxodisulphate ions and iodate ions its a type of clock reaction so the experiment is quite simple I didn't get to choose mine my teacher gave out the titles anyway the prelim is tomorrow this investigation is going to take 4ever!
Reply 27
man, you must have done alot of thread digging to get this up!

i'm doing the bromine clock experiment. i'm varying the concentration of the reactants in turn and then finding the order of the reaction. might do something with temperature as well,
Reply 28
lol i ws subscribed 2 this thread nd was just laughing about hw stressed i was about this peice of crap! lol a lot of digging indeed..im sooo glad i dont have 2 do this anymore! i can remember spending many lunchtimes trying to get it done so my advice to u lot: try and get everything done ASAP! get it outta ur hair so u can concentrate on the more important modules that come up during this. GOOD luck and dont stress! :smile:
Reply 29
I'm thinking of extracting raw paracetamol from a OTC tablet, and then synthesising my own paracetamol and compraing the purities using melting points etc.
I'm doing the paracetamol one - no one else on The Student Room seems to be though! I haven't really looked at it yet and was just browsing for tips before I start. Sigh, I dislike coursework.
X
Reply 31
Yeah... we seem to be starting of slow to this stuff. Ive gone for electrolysis of salt solution for the sake of variety, but theres seems to be little to go on. In fact i haven't seen anyone else who's doing it.
i am just starting the write up of my individual investigation now
i did chemical analysis of wine, including the conversion of ethanol into ethanoic acid and changing SO2 conc, and how these affected the pH of the wine

does anyone have a link to an example coursework that i could refer to, cos im not so good at setting these things out..... not overly fussed what the experiment was... but similar would be nice. beggars cant be choosers though

cheers

SoullessToaster
Reply 33
I'm doing fastness of dyes on fabrics in water. It's pretty easy. I finished practical in 2 weeks (we had 4 weeks to do it), I have only 2 graphs and 1 results table. Plus the theoretical background is pretty straight forward if you've done the Colour By Design unit.
Reply 34
Well I finished in 5 weeks. Out of an availiable 6 to do it in.

I have 3 sets of titration data which all have been analysed and percentage errornised. PIA all took 20 pages, the evaluation is going to take ages since so much of mine went wrong :frown:

Latest