The Student Room Group

help peptic ulcer!

Anyone ever had this and cured with success whether through medications or natural way?

Iv been undiagnosed for 6 months now. Emergency doctor said most likely it and I'm awaiting endoscopy I'm 2 weeks. I was given omeprazole to take for a month but I don't think it really helps. On top of constant sharp stomach pain..Iv had constipation and nausea. This is hell on top of living with diseases such as interstitial cystitis and muscle amd joint pains.

Raw plant based diet is supposed to cure you of anything but for me raw food hurt more. I'm seriously finding it difficult to eat anything without it makin pain worse.

Cabbage juice is supposed to clear ulcers but I think it just left me in more pain

Supposed to be starting uni in sept and I'm very sick :frown:

I have done a long post I know. I just want to know if anyone has ever been through anything similar and cured it
Omeprazole really should help - if you are still in pain, go and see your doctor. They should test you for helicobacter - my mum had an ulcer and she was cured by a. stopping smoking, b. taking something similar to omeprazole to reduce acid, and taking antibiotics for quite a while to get rid of the helicobacter. There's more information below - I think it says avoid alcohol as well. But really, if you are not feeling any better, go back to see your doctor again.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Peptic-ulcer/Pages/Treatment.aspx
Reply 2
Ok thank you. I could only take omeprazole for a month as you can't take meds for two weeks before an endoscopy. My symptoms were variable with omeprazole.

My doctors were useless and fobbed me off as I already suffer with ibs for 3 years even though I had sudden onset of pain etc.. It took going to a and e to get an endoscopy booked!
You will most likely be given a couple of antibiotics to go with the PPI i.e omeprazole. The combination will be more likely to relieve your symptoms.

Quick Reply

Latest