The Student Room Group

Postgraduate after ACCA .

Hi,

I just recently became an ACCA affiliate and since I am still young I was thinking of applying for postgraduate.
However, when I apply for bsc in applied accounting from oxford brookes I will get 2:2 which I strongly believe understates my ability to perform in academic field.

So will uni take any of these into considerations when applying?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Why do you need to do a postgraduate degree if you are studying the ACCA?

From what I have read about ACCA, it seems like an excellent qualification for getting a job, why do you feel further study is required?
Reply 2
Original post by Yellow636
Why do you need to do a postgraduate degree if you are studying the ACCA?

From what I have read about ACCA, it seems like an excellent qualification for getting a job, why do you feel further study is required?

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is i am already done with my acca exams just need experience. I did my acca right after my a levels but i wanna do postgrad in finance. So my question is will uni take into consideration these circumstances.

Thanks
Original post by ae_hora
Hi,

I just recently became an ACCA affiliate and since I am still young I was thinking of applying for postgraduate.
However, when I apply for bsc in applied accounting from oxford brookes I will get 2:2 which I strongly believe understates my ability to perform in academic field.

So will uni take any of these into considerations when applying?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Quite a few universities state that they require a minimum of a 2:2 when applying for a MSC.So you should have a fair shot, maybe the fact that you have completed your ACCA exams will work in your favour.

In my opinion doing a postgraduate course is a waste of time and money if you want to be a chartered accountant, because once you have completed it you will still be required to gain experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending