Results day poll: what's next?

:tsr:
2015 AS/A2 Results Day Official Thread

Welcome to the new thread everyone!

Questions

Are you AS or A2?

How did your exams go?

What subjects do/did you take?

What grades are you hoping/expecting to get?

Which university are you going to, or hoping to go to?

Which subject are you going to study?

How are you feeling?

Anything to add?

Useful Threads (Click to visit);Notes/Updates

If you feel there should be a useful link or update added to this post, let me know.

Poll to follow.

*This is my sole opinion and in no way an official accolade.

Below are FAQs, a Results Day Flowchart, Guides to Results Day, TSR's Clearing & Adjustment Page, Student Performance Analysis, a Marking Timeline, this year's AQA Papers, Mark Schemes & Examiners' Reports, an AQA UMS Converter and this year's Edexcel Papers & Mark Schemes, and the UCAS Clearing Search Tool. Just follow the links!

FAQs
[Credit to @PQ]

Results
Have mark schemes been released?
Markschemes are available to teachers. Officially, they are not meant to be released to students yet but if you search hard online, you may be able to find them. UPDATE; Edexcel Mark Schemes are available (see below).

When do grade boundaries get released?
UPDATE: GRADE BOUNDARIES FOUND BELOW.
AQA, OCR, OCR (90%), Edexcel, Edexcel (IAL), WJEC, STEP.

When can I collect my results from school/college?
That depends on the arrangements your school/college make - if you don't know the time then ring them up tomorrow (there should be someone in) and ask.

How do I collect my results online?
Again, this depends on your exam boards and/or your school/college. If you don't know then ask them directly.

When do unis get our results?
UCAS got the results from the exam boards approximately a week before results day. They spent a day or two matching them to your applications and then sent them on to universities either overnight Friday or Saturday. Universities then spent Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday MANUALLY comparing every offer to the results to decide whether applicants had met their offers or not (and if not whether they could be accepted with lower grades).

Track on Results Day
When will Track update?
Track is now live.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else. Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!
NO - lots of people last year (and the year before) met their offer but Track hadn't updated. Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:

a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.

Results Day Flow Chart
[Credit to @PQ]

Click here

Guides to Results Day
Click here (TSR)
Click here (UCAS)
Click here (The Telegraph)

Clearing & Adjustment

Click here

Student Performance Analysis

Click here

Marking Timeline
[Credit to @meloj; anterior to @emiloujess]

Click here

2015 AQA Papers, Mark Schemes & Examiners' Reports
[Credit to @Mehrdad jafari]

Click here

AQA UMS Converter
[Credit to @Epiphron]

Click here

2015 Edexcel Papers & Mark Schemes

Click here

UCAS Clearing Search Tool

Click here

WELL DONE EVERYONE!
:banana::badger::charm::danceboy::elefant::bban::hoppy::parrot::troll::bl::worm:

:tsr:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Literally 2 days left and im starting to worry.... how are you all taking it?
Original post by itfactor
Literally 2 days left and im starting to worry.... how are you all taking it?

Very up and down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
in on 1st page

spot for sale

SOLD to the National Bananas Marketing Board
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
in on 1st page

spot for sale

I am now on the first page twice. Ha ha! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Reserving 1st page spot
oh god
Prepared for clearing already:ashamed2:
Yay! :woo:
Damn
****ting bricks
so nervous :frown:
[video="youtube;_cDVJlCLQrs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDVJlCLQrs[/video]

GL All :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
So clean. Let's get you filled up Mark 2
Reply 15
*Reserved*
Feel sick af
First page, yippee!
Reply 18
do you know if my unis would get the result of an exam I took externally? It was a late entry
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello again guys!

Quick Reply

Latest