The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Primary PGCE 2015-2016

Is there anybody else starting the Primary PGCE on the 1st September 2015? =)
Thought we could get to know one another a little bit before we start, so it won't be as daunting on the first day! :smile:

I've made a facebook group, for students starting in September at Brunel, to join:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1691035111118369/?fref=ts
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hiya,
I'm starting the PGCE Primary course! Received my unconditional offer today, eeeek. :redface:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Emma! Congratulations! Have you been given pre course work to do? I'm thinking of making a fb group for students doing the primary pgce, would you be interested in joining it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah9161
Hi Emma! Congratulations! Have you been given pre course work to do? I'm thinking of making a fb group for students doing the primary pgce, would you be interested in joining it?

Thanks Sarah! Congratulations to you too, I actually was searching on facebook to see if their was a page for the 2015/16 course, so I would definitely joining if you make one. :tongue: Yeah I have recieved the pre-course work, how are you going with it? The story stacks had me a little confused but I think I've grasped the concept of them now.
Reply 4
Thanks! Yeah I was a little confused about the story sack too. I've bought a book and im just making and adding some props to the sack to help act out the story now =) are you ok with it now?
I tried to make a group on fb but it said I needed to add friends to it first, but I didn't know anyone on the course. Could I add you on fb so we can make the group public for other students to see? Only if u don't mind of course. If not dw =) Looking forward to the beginning of term! Induction week timetable looks interesting!
Reply 5
Okay that's exactly what I done, I bought a book decide how I would like to represent it to the class and started gathering props and activities.
And of course! (About fb) I'll send u a private message now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fellow, Primary PGCE'r here. It'd be awesome if you make the group as I looked but couldn't find one either.

It's getting closer and closer now and it looks like there's quite a bit of prep work to be done for English. Some of those storysacks that are sold look amazing but I do want to try my hand are crafting my own set.
Reply 7
Original post by Jmaguire
Fellow, Primary PGCE'r here. It'd be awesome if you make the group as I looked but couldn't find one either.

It's getting closer and closer now and it looks like there's quite a bit of prep work to be done for English. Some of those story sacks that are sold look amazing but I do want to try my hand are crafting my own set.

Hey Jmaguire! I've successfully made a group on facebook for us all. It's called "Brunel Primary PGCE 2015-2016". Feel free to join it and add anyone else you know starting the course =)
I've come across a good website too selling story sacks! Really good inspiration for brainstorming and making my own props. I'll post it on fb if anyone's interested in seeing it (sorry if you might have already have seen it). But, I am struggling slightly to think of other things we add to the story sack other than toys...
It's been quite fun actually making the story sack once you have some ideas, I recommend trying to create one yourself =)
Hey Jmaguire! I've successfully made a group on facebook for us all. It's called "Brunel Primary PGCE 2015-2016". Feel free to join it and add anyone else you know starting the course =)
I've come across a good website too selling story sacks! Really good inspiration for brainstorming and making my own props. I'll post it on fb if anyone's interested in seeing it (sorry if you might have already have seen it). But, I am struggling slightly to think of other things we add to the story sack other than toys...
It's been quite fun actually making the story sack once you have some ideas, I recommend trying to create one yourself =)

No problem, will join after work today.

Don't steal my idea but I'm thinking of a three little pigs themed one.
Book, masks for the characters and the wolfs book with his point of view of the story, this could open it up to a moral line of the story too. I'm also contemplating including maybe little finger puppets or getting a tiny bit of each material of the houses to talk about but I'll have to think of how that'll work in the context and what it will/should achieve.
Reply 9

Book, masks for the characters and the wolfs book with his point of view of the story, this could open it up to a moral line of the story too. I'm also contemplating including maybe little finger puppets or getting a tiny bit of each material of the houses to talk about but I'll have to think of how that'll work in the context and what it will/should achieve.

No no, i wouldn't do something like that! I love the idea of doing a point of view from the wolf's perspective. That's really creative! Are you aiming it more towards key stage 1 then?

I didn't know whether I wanted to do a popular children's book, I going to choose one of Oliver Jeffers books to base my story sack on, I like his stories.

I look forward to hearing how your story sack comes out, and I guess we will all see each other's ones at uni in class. =)
Reply 10

I also love the idea of the wolf's perspective, you could even think about if you could make the class act out a little court scene and make children in the class be the characters and hotspot them. (I've seen this be done using the little red riding hood story).
Using the different materials of the houses is great for sensory learning and you could cooperate the materials into a science lesson.

I've chosen a book from another culture for my story stack, just need to get creative and start preparing my props.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Emma123_
I also love the idea of the wolf's perspective, you could even think about if you could make the class act out a little court scene and make children in the class be the characters and hotspot them. (I've seen this be done using the little red riding hood story).
Using the different materials of the houses is great for sensory learning and you could cooperate the materials into a science lesson.

I've chosen a book from another culture for my story stack, just need to get creative and start preparing my props.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was a good idea Emma, choosing a book from another culture. I saw the pre course pack had a load of books too in there to help us out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending