The Student Room Group

What's everyone doing at AS?

I thought I'd create a thread to see what everyone is doing at AS level. I'll be doing English Literature, History, Psychology and either Geography or Sociology. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Original post by MilkyWest87

Sounds good*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hopefully doing Chemistry, Biology, ICT and either business or politics ^^
Reply 4
You'll be hopeless at Eng Lit if you cant even read that this is the GCSE section.
Reply 5
Original post by thevamps99xo
I thought I'd create a thread to see what everyone is doing at AS level. I'll be doing English Literature, History, Psychology and either Geography or Sociology. :smile:

Maths, Biology, History, Politics and Economics!
I put down French, Biology, Philosophy and Maths. If something goes wrong somewhere I could swap one for chemistry or physics I suppose...
Reply 7
I'm doing Business, ICT, History and BTEC Travel/ Torism
Psychology
Biology
Sociology
And some random health and social qualification which is compulsory at my new school
Original post by MilkyWest87

Me too
Maths, FM, Physics and Chemistry :h:
Hopefully Psychology, Sociology, Biology and Maths
Literature, history, maths, economics.

Original post by sandvika
You'll be hopeless at Eng Lit if you cant even read that this is the GCSE section.

Maybe OP is trying to capture the attention of people that have just finished their GCSEs/are waiting for their results?
No need to be an ass.
Original post by Strom
Me too

good luck to us
Biology, chemistry, english lit and psychology
Original post by DustToDust
Biology, chemistry, english lit and psychology

Snap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasaron
Literature, history, maths, economics.

(Original post by sandvika) You'll be hopeless at Eng Lit if you cant even read that this is the GCSE section.

Maybe OP is trying to capture the attention of people that have just finished their GCSEs/are waiting for their results?
No need to be an ass.

Yeah, I totally agree! Some people are just binging on a volatile mixture of cynicism, arrogance and self-righteousness.

Anyhow, I'd like to do Medicine at either Oxbridge Universities (i.e. Ox. or Cam.)
So, this is probably an ideal combination for AS:
Chemistry (compulsory for Medicine);
Biology (obviously);
Maths ("highly recommended subject" by Cambridge); and either
Psychology (very interesting subject to me and it's popular); or
Geography (Social science too and is somehow nostalgia-inducing!).

The latter two subjects depend on whether my Sixth Form will have them in the desired option blocks for me. I'll probably just drop either one of them for Year 2 (as it's now being called for no apparent bloody reason!!).

P.S. I'm a new member so a "rep" would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature.
I was torn between English literature and history because I enjoy them both but apparently English lit is less demanding than History. Idon't know if there's any truth to that so I might still change it but for now^
Original post by SheldonReid
Yeah, I totally agree! Some people are just binging on a volatile mixture of cynicism, arrogance and self-righteousness.

Anyhow, I'd like to do Medicine at either Oxbridge Universities (i.e. Ox. or Cam.)
So, this is probably an ideal combination for AS:
Chemistry (compulsory for Medicine);
Biology (obviously);
Maths ("highly recommended subject":wink: ; and either
Psychology (very interesting subject to me and it's a popular); or
Geography (Social science too and is somehow nostalgia-inducing!).

The latter two subjects depend on whether my Sixth Form will have them in the desired option blocks for me. I'll probably just drop either one of them for Year 2 (as it's now being called for no apparent bloody reason!!).

Another prospective Oxbridge student! Hi.

I'm going to apply for law at Oriel, Oxford. Best of luck doing 2 sciences, I've heard they're particularly different to their GCSE versions. Have you thought about which college you want to apply for at either Ox or Cam?
Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Badly want to study chem eng at imperial!!!

Quick Reply

Latest