The Student Room Group

Hear what our M&S School Leavers have to say about a career in retail management.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackhaugh
When does this scheme start? And if we were offered a place, what's the timescale like in terms of committing to it? I mean just in terms of results day and deciding on Uni's etc.

The scheme will typically start in September of each year. Applications for next years scheme will start later this year. The scheme will last approximately 18 months, and upon completion you can be appointed as a live Retail Manager in one of our stores!
Hi, I am in year 12 and want to apply for next year, will it still be running?
Original post by Samihauddin
Hi, I am in year 12 and want to apply for next year, will it still be running?

Yes :smile:
hi

ive just seen M&S apprenticeships, are you still hiring for 2016? thanks
Hannah’s friends decided on uni. Find out why she chose the M&S school leaver programme. Apps close on Tuesday so apply before it’s too late: http://bit.ly/1mcWh1o
325984-grad-content-dec-Hannah-757x485-v1.jpg
Hi,
I applied for the school leavers scheme recently and have been invited to an assessment day in Gateshead! I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more information about this process and any tips that would help me through it.
I am due to go on the 27th June 2016.
Thank you
Hi this is a job not an apprenticeship. I applied for it but didn't go through with it fully because of this reason, where abouts do you live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in newcastle
Original post by chrisjreed
Hi,
I applied for the school leavers scheme recently and have been invited to an assessment day in Gateshead! I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more information about this process and any tips that would help me through it.
I am due to go on the 27th June 2016.
Thank you

Hi Chris,

When looking for a good leader we look for those that have a vision or clarity around the objectives required, that are able to set direction, involve a team, and take the team with you, providing strong communication and honesty at all times.

The assessment centres do vary, but it is very likely you will come across a role play exercise, some example scenarios could include:
- dealing with a customer who wants to return an item or has a complaint about the service that they’ve received. The customer may act aggressively.
- assisting a customer who wants an item that is unavailable or out of stock.- selling an item to a customer.
- assisting a customer in selecting food for an office party.
- instructing and motivating and unenthusiastic employee, then giving them feedback.

Best of luck with your assessment day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending