The Student Room Group
Reply 1
And...

If your question is do you have to go?

The answer is no.
No, if you've already got an offer and you've already decided you're going to accept it, you don't have to go.
Reply 3
thanks
yeah but what if you hate it? you won't realise till you get there.
Reply 5
No you dont have to but it would be best to go and visit to make sure you like it, visit the accomodation etc and ask any questions you may have.
Reply 6
I wouldn't advise going there in September if you haven't already got a feel for the place. Pictures on the webiste/prospectus can't do that. Unless you have already been, I would suggest that you go. You don't want to end up there and then absolutely hating it.
I agree with the others. It's all well and good reading the prospectus, looking at the website and getting opinions from other people, but the only way to find out for sure if you'll like the place is to visit, and an open day is probably the best time to do it because you can usually go on a campus tour, visit the department/s you'll be studying in, meet current staff and students and ask questions. I only went to open days for 2 out of my 6 unis before I applied because the others were all too far away, but I decided I didn't really like one of those and the other became my firm. One uni rejected me, so that left me with 3 to choose between for my insurance, and I knew I didn't really want to go to one of them, but I probably couldn't have decided between the others so easily if I hadn't visited them.
Reply 8
if you want to go to swansea then it is better that you see it before incase you hate it like the others have said. i went to an open day last week that i could have chosen as my firm but i absolutely hated it! don't take that chance!

Latest

Trending

Trending