The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Why should I choose Sussex?

Hi. If I am on clearing, I will probably choose between Sussex and reading. Course aside, I visited Sussex on an open day and it seemed quite run down and you had to trek to go anywhere (e.g. No club on campus). What are the positives (other than east slope bar - looked brilliant!)?
South Downs, good train link to London, mostly top 20 university, home to the only Green MP in the UK, vibrant city, green campus, strong SU, etc
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Doesn't it get annoying when you have to travel everywhere? FOr example, it seems that for every night out you have to go to Brighton
Reply 3
Original post by FFC96
Doesn't it get annoying when you have to travel everywhere? FOr example, it seems that for every night out you have to go to Brighton

Not annoying at all. Public transport is in abundance with buses every few mins. It's about a 10 minute journey into the centre of the city. There are hundreds of bars and clubs and with the other Uni, the University of Brighton which has many times more students, Brighton is basically a student city. Good luck with your results!!
So I actually live in reading and assuming everything goes well tomorrow I'll be moving to Brighton to study at Sussex. Whilst Sussex is on the outskirts of Brighton, Readings campus is not exactly close to the town centre but some of the accommodation is right in the middle. It will depend on where you are living, there will be travel regardless.

Now I know absolutely nothing about Reading uni but I have lived here my whole life so if there is anything you'd like to know about the town I'll try to help.
Original post by FFC96
Hi. If I am on clearing, I will probably choose between Sussex and reading. Course aside, I visited Sussex on an open day and it seemed quite run down and you had to trek to go anywhere (e.g. No club on campus). What are the positives (other than east slope bar - looked brilliant!)?

Buses go from inside camps to within 5 mins walk of the most clubs. And they're 24 hours every day (with obvious exceptions e.g Christmas Day). You won't get the same frequency at 4am Monday morning then you would during the day in term time but there's no worry about catching the last bus.

And I'm not sure who would describe East Slope bar as 'brilliant'... It's cramped, sticky, smelly and noisy. I much prefer Falmer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending