The Student Room Group

Opinion on Using Steroids / Performance Enhancers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
I know several people who are on PED's, nothing special, just test and the odd other here and there. When I see them it does tempt me, but then I do some research and I'm just put off. The short term gains don't outweigh the long terms risks, for me, personally.

Plus my mam would beat the sheeeet out of me if she ever found out.

Same, watching videos of Zyzz makes me very jealous but then I just remember what happened to him and the feeling quickly passes.

It's not as if my body looks bad either, and I'm certainly not competing so it just simply is not worth the risk.
Original post by rolodopus
Same, watching videos of Zyzz makes me very jealous but then I just remember what happened to him and the feeling quickly passes.

It's not as if my body looks bad either, and I'm certainly not competing so it just simply is not worth the risk.

zyzz is an example of overdosing

you can overdose on water ... milk .. the list goes on.

the risk is overblown

However for most, the look they are going for can be achieved without gear
Original post by ChrisHarris1

the risk is overblown

Bit of a difference between f*cking up your body over the course of multiple years from taking a high amount of hormone altering drugs and drinking a ridiculously excessive amount of water/milk in a short period.

the risk is overblown

No haha.

Zyzz was an example of steroids exacerbating an underlying heart condition which was, in turn, exacerbated by a prolonged period in a sauna.
Bit of a difference between f*cking up your body over the course of multiple years from taking a high amount of hormone altering drugs and drinking a ridiculously excessive amount of water/milk in a short period.

granted I didn't use the best examples.

but everything has an 'effect'

if managed, steroids are no worse than things people take habitually (alcohol and smoking might have been a better analogy)
granted I didn't use the best examples.

but everything has an 'effect'

if managed, steroids are no worse than things people take habitually (alcohol and smoking might have been a better analogy)

Yeah, weren't the best examples, but I see where you're coming from.
I think the problem with steroids is that people get greedy. They like the initial results and then just keep pushing it and pushing it, increasing dosages and using more extreme drugs. Before they know it they're 6ft under, but at least they've got 19 inch guns, right?
Yeah, weren't the best examples, but I see where you're coming from.
I think the problem with steroids is that people get greedy. They like the initial results and then just keep pushing it and pushing it, increasing dosages and using more extreme drugs. Before they know it they're 6ft under, but at least they've got 19 inch guns, right?

same can be said of binge-drinking ...

gear in and of itself has no issues

if you have pre-existing issues, I don't mean just heart-conditions but psychological

then ye, you MIGHT have issues

people only hear the horror stories so have a skewed viewpoint
same can be said of binge-drinking ...

gear in and of itself has no issues

if you have pre-existing issues, I don't mean just heart-conditions but psychological

then ye, you MIGHT have issues

people only hear the horror stories so have a skewed viewpoint

If you don't mind me asking, do you take any? The way in talk suggests that you do.
If you don't mind me asking, do you take any? The way in talk suggests that you do.

have done so.

but I've never had objections

just propaganda from non-users annoys me
have done so.

but I've never had objections

just propaganda from non-users annoys me

Fair enough, can't argue with that.
MGF and peptides seem your best bet if you want to stay 'natty' without having to pin indefinitely
hell, special forces use PED's, nothing wrong with them
i might seriously consider peptides, as i would never want to have to pin weekly and they are dirt cheap

Quick Reply

Latest