The Student Room Group

Should Netanyahu be arrested for war crimes? (Petition)

Poll

Did you sign the petition?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105446/signatures/new

This man has blood of innocent children on his hand and have traumatised scores more.

This is history knocking at your door! Don't a Ignore it!!!

Scroll to see replies

Wow everyone is turning a blind eye to this. Find your humanity for God sake :cry:
Reply 2
If you want people to sign this. You should give ACTUAL information about it, and what they're signing.
Original post by Gogregg
If you want people to sign this. You should give ACTUAL information about it, and what they're signing.

This is a petition to arrest Israeli pm when he visits UK this September.

If there are 100,000 signatures this subject will be debated in the parliament.

The Israeli pm authorised the operation "protective edge" which resulted in the deaths of more civilians then militants.
School, hospitals, even UN establishments were targeted under false pretexts that rockets were launched to Israel.

A study recently has claimed that with the help of algorithms they were able to successfully pinpoint were exactly did all the missiles hit. And the results were confirmed that these were missiles just launched to cause infrastructure destruction and killing anyone at vicinity.

It's more than one year now and Gaza is still the same. Buildings and roads are still in rubble. Reconstruction commitments are still in limbo and the pledges remain "pledges". Whatever is destined (like humanitarian aid, cement) to gaza is inspected by Israelis ports and is sometimes blocked by them citing this could be used for "terrorism"

Furthermore, the sudden state of affairs remains a grave trauma for most of the children of gaza. They are supposed to be the future of Palestine but Israel is hellbent of depriving them of livelihood/childhood that we had back in the day.

This is cynical systematic destruction of Palestine. And the person who is authorising and responsible for this is visiting UK. The residents of UK has an opportunity to have their voice heard.

And I think we should make the best use of it.

Thanks if you read this
No. We cannot start trying foreign politicians before we try our own for war crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
No. We cannot start trying foreign politicians before we try our own for war crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is absolutely no need to divide this sort of people.

They belong in the same basket regardless of thei nationality, gender, whatever.

As much as I'm disappointed that you are seeming turning a blind eye on this I hope you change you mind

I sign off with this quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing"
This petition is disgusting. You would arrest a man who is trying to the best for his people?
He is merely defending his nation from persecution by Hamas, as they launch attacks on the Jewish people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoenixsilver
This petition is disgusting. You would arrest a man who is trying to the best for his people?
He is merely defending his nation from persecution by Hamas, as they launch attacks on the Jewish people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think this thread should house such a discussion so i have responded to this quote in another thread ...
Original post by DiceTheSlice
There is absolutely no need to divide this sort of people.

They belong in the same basket regardless of thei nationality, gender, whatever.

As much as I'm disappointed that you are seeming turning a blind eye on this I hope you change you mind

I sign off with this quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing"

I am not turning a blind eye to it. I completely disagree with the petition.
I am not turning a blind eye to it. I completely disagree with the petition.

wtf?

You either turning a blind eye or signing the petition. There is no middle ground

As citizens concerned about other citizen's welfare its your every right to make this man answerable for his crimes.
If there are 100,000 signatures this subject will be debated in the parliament.

No. If there are 100,000 signatures then it will be considered for debate in parliament. There is absolutely zero chance of this being debated in parliament, no matter how many signatures it gathers because the 100,000 figure is not binding and very obviously, the current political establishment has absolutely no interest in discussing this.
wtf?

You either turning a blind eye or signing the petition. There is no middle ground

As citizens concerned about other citizen's welfare its your every right to make this man answerable for his crimes.

I'm not turning a blind eye. I disagree with the claims that he is a war criminal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plagioclase
No. If there are 100,000 signatures then it will be considered for debate in parliament. There is absolutely zero chance of this being debated in parliament, no matter how many signatures it gathers because the 100,000 figure is not binding and very obviously, the current political establishment has absolutely no interest in discussing this.

Completely agree with you. There is no chance Parliment will ever take any action.

but that doesn't mean you need to just do nothing. You have opportunity to exercise your right, air your opinion on whether he should be arrested or not.

If you think he shouldn't then you just say that instead or being what i like to call a grandpa (complaining that it wont work so do nothing)

I'm not turning a blind eye. I disagree with the claims that he is a war criminal.Posted from TSR Mobile

Could have said that in the beginning instead of sprouting "foregin politicians shouldnt be tried bla bla"
(edited 8 years ago)
wtf?

There is a middle ground? If there was a petition to release all rapists from prison (strawman argument, I know, but the point still stands) and you refused to sign it, that's not turning a blind eye to the 'unfortunate people who were prisoned' it's disagreeing with something!
Besides, we have no real grounds to arrest a man who has been blamed for something (true or not, i'm not certain, I haven't looked into it) that occurred in a completely different country and hasn't committed a crime in our country, using our judicial system.
From the sounds of it, this petition sound completely misguided, so don't make as is we're all evil malices for deciding not to sign it.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105446/signatures/new

This man has blood of innocent children on his hand and have traumatised scores more.

This is history knocking at your door! Don't a Ignore it!!!

I suppose next you’ll be asking us to sign a petition to boycott Jewish businesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO9v7jTm3I
Completely agree with you. There is no chance Parliment will ever take any action.

but that doesn't mean you need to just do nothing. You have opportunity to exercise your right, air your opinion on whether he should be arrested or not.

If you think he shouldn't then you just say that instead or being what i like to call a grandpa (complaining that it wont work so do nothing)

I agree with that, I just want to make it very clear (because a lot of people seem to think this is true) that it is incorrect that 100,000 signatures means it will be debated in parliament. Besides, let's say for some magical reason he actually were arrested here and the international community was fine with that, what good would that do? Getting rid of Netanyahu will be just as useless for solving the arab-israeli conflict as getting rid of Bin Laden was useless for solving religious extremism. You don't solve a problem by removing a figurehead.
Original post by Gogregg
There is a middle ground? If there was a petition to release all rapists from prison (strawman argument, I know, but the point still stands) and you refused to sign it, that's not turning a blind eye to the 'unfortunate people who were prisoned' it's disagreeing with something!
Besides, we have no real grounds to arrest a man who has been blamed for something (true or not, i'm not certain, I haven't looked into it) that occurred in a completely different country and hasn't committed a crime in our country, using our judicial system.
From the sounds of it, this petition sound completely misguided, so don't make as is we're all evil malices for deciding not to sign it.

????

People are shot, burnt, killed in cold blood. If you don't know that then read and be informed ffs. I just posted a lot of lines for you can't you start from there?

Original post by IamLiquid
I suppose next you’ll be asking us to sign a petition to boycott Jewish businesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO9v7jTm3I

Cards on the table... I don't hate Israel. I don't hate Jews. The Zionist regime in Israel is oppressive and invasive and I will do what I can to make it stop. I have nothing against jews.... Maybe other have... i'm not here on their behalf.
????

People are shot, burnt, killed in cold blood. If you don't know that then read and be informed ffs. I just posted a lot of lines for you can't you start from there?

Cards on the table... I don't hate Israel. I don't hate Jews. The Zionist regime in Israel is oppressive and invasive and I will do what I can to make it stop. I have nothing against jews.... Maybe other have... i'm not here on their behalf.

Why are they oppressive and invasive when their elected leader is doing his best to defend his country - a country full of Jewish people who have historically been persecuted and are STILL being persecuted today by the Palestinian "government" (Hamas) whose minions launch savage, random terrorist attacks on the Israeli people.
I am sick of people blaming Israel and its leader for retaliating, when they are just defending themselves from (previously, rockets) attack. Just because Israel is better equipped does not mean they should sit back and be invaded - if they are attacked they quite frankly have the right to blow their opposition to smithereens.

This petition is disgusting and an insult to the Israeli people who face persecution and attack every day of their lives by the intolerant Hamas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure the UK government even have the authority to arrest him, it would cause an international incident regardless of any war crimes committed. I'm not sure where I stand on this matter but I appreciate your passion. Perhaps you could petition Amnesty International or the UN to acknowledge/investigate these actions. Alternatively you could petition David Cameron or another influential politician to donate to victims, it would be a less radical approach than arresting the pm but hopefully would get some media attention.
I'm not going to sign the petition and I hope you understand my reasons.
People are shot, burnt, killed in cold blood.

Yeah, Hamas are pretty bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending