The Student Room Group

Life 'Experience'

Hello!

Whenever I read about them taking your life experience into account it just makes me think how relevant is this. I am curious to know how likely is it that I would get into university with some basic qualifications (NVQ level 3, certificates in business and a stack of volunteer experience and awards) and a few years work experience in various sectors. And would it be more worth not trying through clearing this year and wait till next year?

Thanks
Reply 1
What are you trying to apply for?

As an example, if you work as a software developer, and want to do comp sci, that is relevant life experience.

However if youhave worked at Tescos for the last few years, then it wont
Reply 2
Original post by tim_123
What are you trying to apply for?

As an example, if you work as a software developer, and want to do comp sci, that is relevant life experience.

However if youhave worked at Tescos for the last few years, then it wont

I am looking to do a degree in business management and then a post grad in Retail Management. My experience is working in office, retail and service environments.
You may as well give Clearing a shot. If you can't find anything, then reapply next year. Some universities may consider you on the basis of your work experience if you can write an impressive personal statement, but most will probably ask to see evidence of recent study. You may need to do something like an Access to HE course to be considered. Do you have GCSE maths and English at grade 'c' or higher? If not, you will need to try to get those first.
Reply 4
Go for it, I just got offered a place based on life experience. I'm thrilled. It won't hurt to try!
Reply 5
Just got accepted to the uni I wanted after a disaster of a phone call (kept cutting out and getting disconnected) haha but super thrilled!!!!!
Reply 6
Congrats!!!! It's the most amazing feeling isn't it :smile:
Congratulations. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending