The Student Room Group

SAS sniper saves father from being executed by ISIS

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

A HERO SAS sniper gunned down a knife-wielding Islamic State (ISIS) maniac just as he was trying to brutally behead a father and his young son.

An SAS sniper took out the ISIS executioner just in time

The brave British marksman saved the terrified eight-year-old and his father after taking out the crazed jihadi with a head shot from 1,000 metres away.

The special forces crack shot then killed two other members of the hated terror group, who were also taking part in the sick planned execution.

ISIS militants had decreed that the little boy and his father must die after branding them "infidels" because they refused to denounce their faith.

They were just seconds from death when the hero sniper intervened to stop the barbaric killing in the Syrian desert. The pair were part of the minority Shia sect of Islam which ISIS considers to be heretical.

They were saved from a cruel and painful death at the hands of the fanatics after an Iraqi spy tipped off British special forces to the planned execution.

Special forces troops who arrived at the killing site, where ISIS was carrying out a series of rigged 'trials' of locals, discovered a gruesome scene with several headless bodies already lying bloodied on the desert floor.

The dramatic rescue operation took place last month near the Syrian border with Turkey, where an elite SAS unit had been conducting covert patrols.

Defence sources described how the SAS unit moved into a position just outside a village where ISIS members were holding the 'trial' in front of a crowd of locals who had been forced to attend at gunpoint.

The crack team considered calling in an air strike using a Reaper Drone, but the elite troops feared many of the innocent civilians who had been forced to watch the executions might also be killed.

Instead the SAS unit decided on a risky long-range kill using the team’s sniper.Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, one source said: “There were several decapitated bodies already lying on the ground.

"Through binoculars the soldiers could see that the crowd were terrified and many were in tears."A man and a young boy were dragged out in front of the crowd and were made to kneel down.

"They were both wearing blindfolds and looked terrified."A tall bearded man emerged and drew a long knife.

"He began addressing the crowd and slapping the father and his son around the head and kicking them on to the floor.

"Standing either side of the executioner were two other Isis fighters, both armed with AK47s."

The SAS marksman, using a .50 calibre sniper rifle fitted with a silencer, killed the executioner just in time.

The source added: "The ISIS thug who was about to decapitate the father was shot in the head and collapsed.

"Everyone just stared in confusion. The sniper then dispatched the two henchmen with single shots three kills with three bullets.

"Someone from the crowd then ran over and untied the father and son’s hands and took their blindfolds off.

The SAS team was later told the village held a party to celebrate the deaths of the ISIS fighters and it is understood terrorists have since refused to enter the town.

SAS teams have fought alongside resistance fighters in both Iraq and Syria for more than a year.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/597166/SAS-sniper-saves-boy-ISIS-Syria
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

They've done well.
They're made of something else, those guys
Hats off to the sniper. Did well.

To think there are people on here who believe the sniper shouldn't even be there. Hopefully the sniper and his/her unit kills many more ISIS.
Considering the SAS are so secretive about their operations, the Express seems to know a lot about what went on. If it really did happen that is.
Reply 5
Beautiful! Sheer class.
An enemy has been slain

Double kill

Triple kill

God's on our side
Original post by DiddyDec
Considering the SAS are so secretive about their operations, the Express seems to know a lot about what went on. If it really did happen that is.

I'm skeptical of it as well. However, notice that whenever these reports come out about the SAS in ISIS territory, they never mention town names or anything like that. Absolutely nothing that would even suggest a location.
Reply 8
You guys have no idea how badly i want to join the SAS
Original post by RFowler
I'm skeptical of it as well. However, notice that whenever these reports come out about the SAS in ISIS territory, they never mention town names or anything like that. Absolutely nothing that would even suggest a location.

To be honest I still think it is just propaganda.

Maybe it is, but this country needs heroes stories of people doing incredible things for the cause of good, I mean lots of Muslims revel in the military success of Khalid Bin Walid, say that he was the sword of Allah, could never be defeated.

British people need to have that boldness to think we are right and we will win.
They were lucky.
Original post by RFowler

What's your point? Are you upset that the MoD tries to keep sensitive information that can impact on operations out of the public domain?

Or would you prefer that the bad guys know. 'On this date, at this time, at this location there were some infidel soldiers'

Abdul, go and race the area and see what you can learn about infiltration and exfiltration routes so we can lay a trap elsewhere.

The MoD may 'spin' story's, but they never make them up.
Original post by MatureStudent36
The MoD may 'spin' story's, but they never make them up.

They never said it came from the MoD. It came from "sources".
What's your point? Are you upset that the MoD tries to keep sensitive information that can impact on operations out of the public domain?

Or would you prefer that the bad guys know. 'On this date, at this time, at this location there were some infidel soldiers'

Abdul, go and race the area and see what you can learn about infiltration and exfiltration routes so we can lay a trap elsewhere.

Absolutely not. Not sure where all this has come from.

I replied to "considering the SAS are so secretive about their operations, the Express seems to know a lot about what went on", pointing out that as town names and things like that haven't been mentioned anywhere, there is still a level of secrecy, as there has been in past articles about the SAS in ISIS areas.

If you believe the story that is. To me, it reads like something out of an action movie and seems a bit unrealistic.
Original post by RFowler
Absolutely not. Not sure where all this has come from.

I replied to "considering the SAS are so secretive about their operations, the Express seems to know a lot about what went on", pointing out that as town names and things like that haven't been mentioned anywhere, there is still a level of secrecy, as there has been in past articles about the SAS in ISIS areas.

If you believe the story that is. To me, it reads like something out of an action movie and seems a bit unrealistic.

What's unrealistic? Sniper shoots target?

You should read up on some of the long range shoots from Afghanistan that were made for a level of reality of what can happen.
Original post by German123
They were lucky.

Typical German response
What's unrealistic? Sniper shoots target?

You should read up on some of the long range shoots from Afghanistan that were made for a level of reality of what can happen.

It's the story that sounds a bit unrealistic, not the sniper shot. It sounds like something from a movie rather than something in real life. This story could all be true, it could be made up, or it could be a real incident that's been embellished. I don't know.

The sniper shooting a target is not unrealistic at all.
This reminds me of the 'American Sniper' film when Chris shoots the other sniper in the head from miles away. There should be a new film called 'SAS Sniper' or something equivalent to honour such marksmenship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending