The Student Room Group

Help please

Hey TSR,

This is my first post, it is results day tomorrow and I wish everyone the best!

Basically I was in a situation where I did not take my A2 exams.

I understand that no university will accept me for a normal undergrad course. However I am in a situation where I must be out of my house by September and I still want to attend university very badly.

Are there any other courses that would be available to someone in my situation?

I cannot retake my A levels, sadly it isn't a choice. What are my options?

I would love any advice or help from you guys,

Thank you
Reply 1
How were your AS Levels?, I think you could go for a foundation course at UNi, but they still do have entry requirements for these.
Reply 2
What field do you want to go into?
Original post by Throwaway000
Hey TSR,

I understand that no university will accept me for a normal undergrad course. However I am in a situation where I must be out of my house by September and I still want to attend university very badly.

Thank you

Hello,

What course are you thinking of applying for? :smile: Let me know and I'll get you some more info.

We consider each applicant on a case by case basis so you can give us a call and someone will be able to run through your options with you. You may be able to apply for a foundation year which would bring you up to speed so that you'd be ready for the degree :h:

Here's our number :03702186241

Best of luck,

Katie
Hey TSR,

Thank you

Hi,

Many Universities will consider applicants on a case by case basis, especially around this time of year.

If you have a specific course in mind I'd recommend visiting the UCAS website to see which Universities are available in clearing and whether they offer the course you're interested in - If they do, fantastic! Give them a call and see what they say. It may be that they will accept you or they may be in a position to offer you a foundation course instead.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do and let me know if you need any further information or advice.
Reply 5
Original post by alexp98
How were your AS Levels?, I think you could go for a foundation course at UNi, but they still do have entry requirements for these.

They weren't great CCC, predicted BBB, i was hoping i could ring up uni's tomorrow and ask them if they would accept my predicted grades but this would be highly unlikley :/
Reply 6
Original post by Saleha09
What field do you want to go into?

Psychology :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hello,

What course are you thinking of applying for? :smile: Let me know and I'll get you some more info.

We consider each applicant on a case by case basis so you can give us a call and someone will be able to run through your options with you. You may be able to apply for a foundation year which would bring you up to speed so that you'd be ready for the degree :h:

Here's our number :03702186241

Best of luck,

Katie

Thank you so much Katie, I was considering taking psychology or one of the social sciences. That sounds great, would your line still be open around 7pm today? as that is when i finish work :smile:
Thank you so much Katie, I was considering taking psychology or one of the social sciences. That sounds great, would your line still be open around 7pm today? as that is when i finish work :smile:

Hey there,

You can try ringing after 7pm - technically it's out of hours but there may still be someone there :smile: Otherwise, we're back in from 7am tomorrow morning so give us another call then and someone will be able to speak to you. Try both 03702186241 or 08082318984. :h:

Best of luck - let me know how it all goes :smile:

Katie
@Throwaway000

Hey there :h: Just following up - did you manage to get through last night? The lines are definitely now open :smile:

Hope everything goes well!

Katie
@Throwaway000

Hey there :h: Just following up - did you manage to get through last night? The lines are definitely now open :smile:

Hope everything goes well!

Katie

Hey i didn't get through last night, I am ringing Universities now!

Is there any information that i need to get before I give them a ring?

Thank you Katie :smile:
Hey i didn't get through last night, I am ringing Universities now!

Is there any information that i need to get before I give them a ring?

Make sure you've got your details with you including your grades. They'll ask you why you're interested in studying that course so you'll need to be able to answer that. :smile: It might help to write a few things down on a piece of paper so you're prepared once you're on the phone :h:

Fingers crossed :crossedf: Let me know what happens :h:
Hey TSR,

Thank you

Well you have a few options open to you now.
Go to Wichester uni (my mate did this) and retake your A- levels or find a corse with a foundation year (4 years atbuninis no bad thing) or do an HND or foundation degree these can be done at collage but I know that some Unis do them too ( I know that Solent and Cardiff met both have such courses. If you decide not to go to uni there is the OU or apprentships or the armed forces my take you it's up too you.
Thanks for your replies, if i were to do a foundation course at a Uni, and i passed would i only be eligible to that certain university or would i be able to apply to others once i passed?

Does this apply to the courses such as - psychology with foundation year (4 year course ).
Thanks for your replies, if i were to do a foundation course at a Uni, and i passed would i only be eligible to that certain university or would i be able to apply to others once i passed?

Does this apply to the courses such as - psychology with foundation year (4 year course ).

Heya,

In theory yes, you can apply to other universities with a foundation year but it really depends on that university's entry requirements and whether they'll accept a foundation degree or not. Sometimes universities don't accept foundation years from other universities so i you've got somewhere in mind it's best to call them up and find out what they'd accept :smile:
Heya,

In theory yes, you can apply to other universities with a foundation year but it really depends on that university's entry requirements and whether they'll accept a foundation degree or not. Sometimes universities don't accept foundation years from other universities so i you've got somewhere in mind it's best to call them up and find out what they'd accept :smile:

Hey Katie, I have an offer at Staffordshire! To study a foundation course in psychology that will hopefully lead into a Bsc degree, thank you for all your help!

It's the first reply i have from all the universities I have tried, at the moment I am waiting for others to reply and I hopefully will be able to have a few choices available to me.

Once again, thank you :smile:
Hey Katie, I have an offer at Staffordshire! To study a foundation course in psychology that will hopefully lead into a Bsc degree, thank you for all your help!

It's the first reply i have from all the universities I have tried, at the moment I am waiting for others to reply and I hopefully will be able to have a few choices available to me.

Once again, thank you :smile:

Oh that's great news!! Really exciting, congratulations. :h:

In the meantime you can check out the Staffs uni FAQ & 2015 applicant chat thread to speak to other students :smile:

Well done, I'm glad things have worked out so well for you today :smile: It's really great to hear!

Keep me posted on what happens next!

Katie
Oh that's great news!! Really exciting, congratulations. :h:

In the meantime you can check out the Staffs uni FAQ & 2015 applicant chat thread to speak to other students :smile:

Well done, I'm glad things have worked out so well for you today :smile: It's really great to hear!

Keep me posted on what happens next!

Katie

Hey Katie, this may seem like an odd question, but what would you say the ethnic ratio in staffs would be? Many British born chinese students?
Hey Katie, this may seem like an odd question, but what would you say the ethnic ratio in staffs would be? Many British born chinese students?

Heya,

We've got students from all sorts of backgrounds at the university. I can't get any exact figures for you at the moment, but should be able to after the weekend :h:

We've got a Multi-cultural forum which brings together students from all backgrounds. You might also want to check out this page on the uni website for more info,

Home that helps :smile:

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending