The Student Room Group

I don't want to go to my firm or insurance anymore !

Ok I originally applied for degree in Psychology, but after a lot of research I have decided that I want to do a degree in Healthcare Science (audiology) at Aston Uni.
How do I actually approach this on results day? Do I just phone up Uni of Birmingham and Warwick (my firm and insurance choice ) and ask them to release me in to clearing ?
So worried but I really really don't want to psychology anymore !!
Original post by NLilliana19
Ok I originally applied for degree in Psychology, but after a lot of research I have decided that I want to do a degree in Healthcare Science (audiology) at Aston Uni.
How do I actually approach this on results day? Do I just phone up Uni of Birmingham and Warwick (my firm and insurance choice ) and ask them to release me in to clearing ?
So worried but I really really don't want to psychology anymore !!

Hi!

Yes the best thing to do is (as early as possible) ring up Aston to make sure you have a place there then decline your other offers. Just make sure you don't turn down offers without ensuring you have a back up!
Reply 2
Original post by TomGidders
Hi!

Yes the best thing to do is (as early as possible) ring up Aston to make sure you have a place there then decline your other offers. Just make sures you don't turn down offers without ensuring you have a back up!

Oh ok then , I'm going to have to do that in the morning once I get my results and phone them right ?
[QUOTE="NLilliana19;58402093"]Oh ok then , I'm going to have to do that in the morning once I get my results and phone them right ?[/QUOTE

birmingham is also my firm but im thinking i want to go to aston...so yep im phoning aston tomorrow. however...you would need to first get released from both birmingham and warwick in order to be eligible for clearing, which could take some time
Hi,

Fantastic to hear you want to study with us. The first call of action is to check your results meet the clearing entry requirements for our audiology course (ABB), keep an eye on our clearing page here.

From there you can ask UOB and Warwick to release you.

Our clearing hotline is 0121 204 4444, good luck tomorrow, i hope you get to study with us this year.

Josh
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Thank you all for the advice, greatly appreciated !:smile:
Aston University, I would like to come to Aston University to study Marketing (Dual-honours(. I've checked the website and found that the clearing price you are asking for is BBB. Would I still be considered if I were to get BBC or do you reject those that are under the clearing requirements?

Thank you,
Vinay.
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Fantastic to hear you want to study with us. The first call of action is to check your results meet the clearing entry requirements for our audiology course (ABB), keep an eye on our clearing page here.

From there you can ask UOB and Warwick to release you.

Our clearing hotline is 0121 204 4444, good luck tomorrow, i hope you get to study with us this year.

Josh

How likely is it for Audiology to be in clearing this year?
Original post by Biologyquestions
How likely is it for Audiology to be in clearing this year?

Hi,

Unfortunately everything here is speculation, but the likelihood is that if one of our courses went into clearing last year, it's likely to go into clearing this year. However our audiology course is very popular and entry requirements are likely to remain high.

Hope that helps.

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Unfortunately everything here is speculation, but the likelihood is that if one of our courses went into clearing last year, it's likely to go into clearing this year. However our audiology course is very popular and entry requirements are likely to remain high.

Hope that helps.

Josh

If the course was so popular then why was it in clearing last year?
Reply 10
Original post by Biologyquestions
If the course was so popular then why was it in clearing last year?

That will depend on the marks that the students with offers got. If they missed their grades, then they probably forfeit their place, and it goes on clearing for others.
Original post by ayeeel
That will depend on the marks that the students with offers got. If they missed their grades, then they probably forfeit their place, and it goes on clearing for others.

Spot on,

Additionally, now the government has taken the cap off student numbers, it's seldom seen that a course doesn't enter clearing. You'll find even popular courses at Russell group institutions will enter clearing.

Josh
Does anyone remember the clearing grades for Audiology last year (Aston)?
Original post by Oiseaux
Does anyone remember the clearing grades for Audiology last year (Aston)?

Not too high, I know some dudes with like CCC or something that go in, if not lower. Don't take that as a rule but as a guide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending