The Student Room Group

Student Finance account woes

I'm applying to Open Uni to study LLB, and am waiting for Student Finance to go through.

I'd previously got part way through a Student Finance application a few years ago but one thing led to another and I did not finish my application and did not go to uni then.

But I'm applying this time round, created a new account, sent off proof of ID and the T&Cs form. I had to ring SF as my NI# was tied up with my old account. I was advised to reset my password on my original account, and continue my application through that, and when I receive my ID back (birth certificate) I have to send a formal letter with both old CRN and new CRN asking for the new one to be closed and to transfer the details over to the old one.

However when I go to reset the new account, it just puts me back through to my new one. I've no way of accessing the old one, and cannot proceed with the new one as technically I already have an (albeit incomplete) old account, and you can only have one account with Student Finance.

So Umm. Halp? Concerned as I don't know if the application will be through in time for the start of my course on 5th October.
Hi there,

I don't have access to your account from here, so I would be unable to help you.

If you could give us a call again on 0300 100 0607, one of my colleagues will be able to reset the account details for you.

Make sure when you call to give them your NINO number so they can find your old account.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending