The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

I'm a student at Royal Holloway: ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauren_zoee
Is there a lot of diversity at Royal Holloway? I went to the open day and fell in love with the place, but I later read that it's mostly students from a upper class background, and people who go to private school, is this true? I hope to study history, could you tell me anything about best accommodation too? I loved the founders building, but feel weird about sharing a toilet:smile:

Hello

This video might give you a better idea of what the different types of accommodation are like at Royal Holloway.

Hope it helps!

Frankie
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by eozcan
Hello,

I have some questions, do you have a wifi in the campus? I know that accommodation has but I'm not sure about the uni itself. and the second question is, when will we choose our modules and get our uni emails(if we ever will)?

Thanks!

Hello,

In answer to your question about modules, it depends on the department but most undergraduate courses don't have elective modules in the first year. If your course does have electives, then you will get more information about this once you've enrolled.

As for emails, you should be given a Royal Holloway email address in August once your place is confirmed.

Frankie
Reply 122
My place is already confirmed. Thank you!
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hello,

In answer to your question about modules, it depends on the department but most undergraduate courses don't have elective modules in the first year. If your course does have electives, then you will get more information about this once you've enrolled.

As for emails, you should be given a Royal Holloway email address in August once your place is confirmed.

Frankie
Hi,

I hold an offer for MSc Project Management at RHU, I am currently looking for accommodation nearby the university. Please advice on private student accommodation such as The Pad.
Thank you.
Original post by AbdullahT
Hi,

I hold an offer for MSc Project Management at RHU, I am currently looking for accommodation nearby the university. Please advice on private student accommodation such as The Pad.
Thank you.

Hey,

You can find out more about private sector housing and search for local accommodation on our website here.

Camilla :smile:
Hi,

I've applied for student accommodation by the deadline with preference to stay at Founders. I was wondering if most people have been confirmed their accommodation yet and if there is a specific date or deadline which we should look out for in which we will be told? Thanks.

Andrea :smile:
Original post by andreaesco13
Hi,

I've applied for student accommodation by the deadline with preference to stay at Founders. I was wondering if most people have been confirmed their accommodation yet and if there is a specific date or deadline which we should look out for in which we will be told? Thanks.

Andrea :smile:

Hey Andrea,

We've not yet started the allocation for undergraduate accommodation. We anticipate this happening within the next couple of weeks, at which point we'll get back to everyone who made an application.

Hey Andrea,

We've not yet started the allocation for undergraduate accommodation. We anticipate this happening within the next couple of weeks, at which point we'll get back to everyone who made an application.

Hi Camilla,

I received an email from RHUL at the beginning of July saying they would be starting the allocation process in the second week of July. Also, on the RHUL Twitter account it says that if we applied before the deadline and have made RHUL our firm choice we'd hear by the end of July - is this not true then?

Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
I already have my room but my offer was unconditional so idk if its bc of that
Original post by eozcan
I already have my room but my offer was unconditional so idk if its bc of that

My offer is also unconditional so I thought I would have had mine by now too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KikiB17
Hi Camilla,

I received an email from RHUL at the beginning of July saying they would be starting the allocation process in the second week of July. Also, on the RHUL Twitter account it says that if we applied before the deadline and have made RHUL our firm choice we'd hear by the end of July - is this not true then?

Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, we have experienced some technical difficulties in our system which has resulted in the delay in allocating accommodation.

We are pleased to say that these have now been resolved, and we anticipate allocating Undergraduate accommodation by the end of this week, and looking at Postgraduate accommodation next week.

Sorry for the delay - but the wait is almost over!

Unfortunately, we have experienced some technical difficulties in our system which has resulted in the delay in allocating accommodation.

We are pleased to say that these have now been resolved, and we anticipate allocating Undergraduate accommodation by the end of this week, and looking at Postgraduate accommodation next week.

Sorry for the delay - but the wait is almost over!

Thank you for getting back to me, I received my accommodation offer this morning anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by KikiB17
Thank you for getting back to me, I received my accommodation offer this morning anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! Which hall?
Original post by eozcan
Cool! Which hall?

Butler :smile: which hall did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by KikiB17
Butler :smile: which hall did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg me too!!!
Original post by eozcan
Omg me too!!!

Ah cool!! I've spoken to some other people who have unconditional offers and they also got Butler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by KikiB17
Ah cool!! I've spoken to some other people who have unconditional offers and they also got Butler

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should make a group or something like that so we can all talk:biggrin:
Original post by eozcan
We should make a group or something like that so we can all talk:biggrin:

Yeah we should :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,
I was wondering when will i be able to enter my accommodation? I have received an offer of accommodation and wanted to arrive before the courses start to get the room ready. Is this possible?
Reply 139
Original post by Josephine3233
Hello,
I was wondering when will i be able to enter my accommodation? I have received an offer of accommodation and wanted to arrive before the courses start to get the room ready. Is this possible?

As far as I'm aware you can go anytime after 17th of September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending