The Student Room Group

Clearing when you already have firm offer?

Can anybody explain how it works? Can I ask a university to hold me a space whilst I get released from my firm offer so there is no risk involved of losing a space?
Reply 1
Original post by CantonHero
Can anybody explain how it works? Can I ask a university to hold me a space whilst I get released from my firm offer so there is no risk involved of losing a space?

With Clearing you are not eligible while still holding an offer. You will need to be released (and yes you will lose your original firm by doing this). Most universities won't speak to you unless you are in Clearing and have your clearing number, however you may find a few that will.

You have to be put into clearing and then lose the offer sorry.
Reply 3
So there's no way to change without some risk involved?
Reply 4

Well you can try contacting universities and asking about whether they would accept you if you were in Clearing, but there's a high chance none of them will speak to you without a Clearing number (which you can only get when you are actually in Clearing).

If you have exceeded the terms of your firm offer you can use the UCAS Adjustment service to find another place without losing your firm offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending