The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Accommodation SWAP 2015

Hi all, thought I should start a new thread for this, we have until tomorrow to accept or decline our offers.

If you have been made an offer for Intercollegiate Halls and are waiting for a response from UoL; check out the accommodation portal where it states room type.

I got accepted for a single room at International Hall... is anyone at Lillian penson willing to swap?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am offered an Ensuite Room in College Hall for £240/week. Looks very nice, but I need to find cheaper housing. Don't know whether I should decline the offer and start looking for a flat, or if I should hold onto it and hope to swap asap in mid-October.

The student housing seems coveted, and some places among the cheapest decent rooms in the city. So I'm worried that if I decline the offer I'll give up my "bargaining chip", because I'd really love in a cheaper hall or residence. I'd appreciate any advice or experience.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by jaren
I am offered an Ensuite Room in College Hall for £240/week. Looks very nice, but I need to find cheaper housing. Don't know whether I should decline the offer and start looking for a flat, or if I should hold onto it and hope to swap asap in mid-October.

The student housing seems coveted, and some places among the cheapest decent rooms in the city. So I'm worried that if I decline the offer I'll give up my "bargaining chip", because I'd really love in a cheaper hall or residence. I'd appreciate any advice or experience.

im going through the exact same problem as you. in theory, college hall is lovely, but as a lower middle class person it was soooo above my expected finances (and realistically way over my planned budget) and wasn't even in my top 5 choices.

that being said, housing in london is pretty crappy in general when it comes to price and i really dont wanna miss out on living in uni halls. so im keeping my offer in the desperate hope of securing a swap.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Christina92
Hi all, thought I should start a new thread for this, we have until tomorrow to accept or decline our offers.

If you have been made an offer for Intercollegiate Halls and are waiting for a response from UoL; check out the accommodation portal where it states room type.

I got accepted for a single room at International Hall... is anyone at Lillian penson willing to swap?

dont we have 5 days to pay the intercollegiate hall deposit though?
Reply 4
I think KCL may demand 2 days even though the halls say 5 days. One of us should check :wink:

I'm thinking seriously of backing out of the halls. I'm finding rooms to rent 30 minutes from Kings (using spareroom) that are 100-150/week. The risk of not finding a *cheap* transfer very quickly is a big one. Even those 5 weeks before finding a cheap transfer (assuming I do) would rack up a cost that negates part of the benefit of finding a transfer.

I really think this application system sucks, that people with 130/week rooms want 240/week rooms, and people with 240/week rooms are left so uncertain and worried that they have to think about leaving the halls altogether. Why not a max price option in the application? The algorithm could be better. Ah well.

Someone want to give advice, if one should hold out in hopes of a transfer in these cases?
Aren't we supposed to get the offers on the 17th of August?
Reply 6
Original post by anonymous199
Aren't we supposed to get the offers on the 17th of August?

They're postgrads
Yep checked my email after I posted. My bad.
Original post by mm14
They're postgrads

Wait so are you guys receiving accommodation offers as undergrads? I haven't heard anything
Reply 9
Original post by luckystar1900
Wait so are you guys receiving accommodation offers as undergrads? I haven't heard anything

yeah we get ours allocated later, I suspect it's because accommodation offices need to deal with the change in people who have gained places in clearing/adjustment and those who failed to meet their requirements
hello,
I got an offer at Angle Lane (ensuite),
it's brand new one,
but too far from my campus (waterloo),
anyone wants to swap with me?
Original post by mm14
They're postgrads

study abroad, not postgrad.
Reply 12
I have been offered accommodation at International Hall (Single Studio). This is way above my budget. Is there someone who has a standard room at Iris Brook/Orchard Lisle and willing to swap?
Original post by jaren

Hi, I'm an undergrad and we start receiving our offers from the 17th - depending on what I get allocated, I would be very interested in potentially swapping with you. (Though I would want to swap before we actually move in?) - I may be wrong but recall an email with info about swapping before term starts. I will try and find it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there! I've got an ensuite room (155pw) at Ewen Henderson. I would like to swap for a mini single (137pw) at Nutford. Anyone interested? :smile:
Reply 15
hey, I've been offered great dover street apartments and really wanted a normal en-suite room at moonrakerr if you're interested in swapping? xx
Reply 16
Hi i have a room in the Great Dover street apartments, would anyone like to swap preferably for Stamford street ot a an ensuite at Moonraker point ?
Reply 17
I have been offered an ensuite room at Great Dover Street Apts. Would anyone likes to swap for Stamford Street Apts or Moonraker Point?

Reply or message me if you do!
I've got an offer for an ensuite at GDSA. I'd love to swap for moonraker point or stamford street apts! PM me if you're interested :smile:

(seems like im not the only one.. ^^')
Reply 19
Any chance anyone would like to swap my GDSA en-suite with a room at Stamford Street Apts? :')

Quick Reply

Latest