The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angiephann
Hello guys, i am also considering this course
My stats:
GCSE- 3A*s 3As 2BTECs(mitigating circumstances)
AS level-AAAA(Bio chem maths phy)
A2 pred: A*A*A*
Just did the ukcat: 665 band 2 (very unhappy!)
Sufficient work experience, loads of volunteering.
Cant really judge my own PS

Why are you applying?
It would be a disadvantage tbh.
This course is for people who don't have the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Bloom77
I'm constantly using Medify :smile:
I love that resource!
It's really helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, but I don't know if I am doing well, for example, in the easy mock I got 810 for QR and in the medium mock I got 400 which is really really bad :/ Just hope it goes more like the easy mock on the day lol
Really they wouldnt consider me? I thought my gcses and ukcat are too low. I had a chat with quite a few of the EMP students and there was one who applied for the standard A101 and this one. Most of the current EMP students had As at A level. Might actually email them and ask again. Thank you for pointing it out :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1442958017.036339.jpg
This is the FAQs they sent me.
I guess you still could apply, but you stand a better chance at the five year course because your grades are really high and predicted grades.
Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1442958017.036339.jpg
This is the FAQs they sent me.
I guess you still could apply, but you stand a better chance at the five year course because your grades are really high and predicted grades.
Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Due to my low UKCAT the only uni I can think of is Keele, I will be taking the BMAT for ICL
Due to my low UKCAT the only uni I can think of is Keele, I will be taking the BMAT for ICL

Your UKCAT score is not low?
That's a really good score...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That information sheet is out of date, it's now a B GCSE English and maths. http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/emdp/entryrequirements

It's also not a disadvantage to apply to both the A100 and A101, if you're eligible for A101 and you're not sure if the UKCAT score is competitive (because let's face it, you don't know if your score was good enough until you get that rejection), why not go for the A101 too?
Original post by Bloom77
Your UKCAT score is not low?
That's a really good score...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I just emailed them and they said the same thing as @Bubbasmam that it will in no way disadvantage me. And if i am worried about the UKCAT I should apply for A101 and A100. :smile:
Hey I just emailed them and they said the same thing as @Bubbasmam that it will in no way disadvantage me. And if i am worried about the UKCAT I should apply for A101 and A100. :smile:

Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh no need to say sorry! Good luck for your application :biggrin:
Reply 29
Hi guys,
Does anyone have a link to the list of eligible schools?
Ahh no need to say sorry! Good luck for your application :biggrin:

Same to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys, what do you think my chances are:

GCSE: 2.5A* 6A 1B
AS: AAAB (biology, maths, psychology and chemistry)
Predicted: AAA and A in EPQ

also applying to st georges, imperial and maybe queen mary(depends on ukcat)

does any one know the weight put on the ukcat on the emdp?? thanksss
How do kings emdp use the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Does anyone know how they decide who come for interview? Someone said they care about if you live in a good or bad area, is this true? Obviously they wouldn't admit it if it was though
Reply 35
Original post by RainbowNinja13
hi guys, what do you think my chances are:

GCSE: 2.5A* 6A 1B
AS: AAAB (biology, maths, psychology and chemistry)
Predicted: AAA and A in EPQ

also applying to st georges, imperial and maybe queen mary(depends on ukcat)

does any one know the weight put on the ukcat on the emdp?? thanksss

Original post by Bloom77
How do kings emdp use the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them and this is what they said regarding the UKCAT.

We require all of our EMDP applicants to take the UKCAT, however, it is not used in the same way as for applications to the Medicine (A100) programme. For neither programmes do we state a 'threshold' or 'cut-off' score that must be achieved for an application to be successful. But for the EMDP programme we do not consider UKCAT scores as one of our primary selection criteria as we do for A100, and do not expect a certain level of score. We require you to have taken the test, but weaker scores on UKCAT do not necessarily hinder applications.Instead, EMDP applications are considered holistically, and we take into consideration contextual information, academic profile, personal statement, reference, engagement with the subject, experience, interests and skills. We are then able to form a complete profile of the candidate and determine their suitability for the course.
Original post by nkb01
I emailed them and this is what they said regarding the UKCAT.

We require all of our EMDP applicants to take the UKCAT, however, it is not used in the same way as for applications to the Medicine (A100) programme. For neither programmes do we state a 'threshold' or 'cut-off' score that must be achieved for an application to be successful. But for the EMDP programme we do not consider UKCAT scores as one of our primary selection criteria as we do for A100, and do not expect a certain level of score. We require you to have taken the test, but weaker scores on UKCAT do not necessarily hinder applications.Instead, EMDP applications are considered holistically, and we take into consideration contextual information, academic profile, personal statement, reference, engagement with the subject, experience, interests and skills. We are then able to form a complete profile of the candidate and determine their suitability for the course.

Beautiful!
Thank you for checking this out :smile:
I got a score of 610 unfortunately but I'm happy they don't use it as much.
A lot of people are doing the 6 year course at my school so I'm scared it's going to be really competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Bloom77
Beautiful!
Thank you for checking this out :smile:
I got a score of 610 unfortunately but I'm happy they don't use it as much.
A lot of people are doing the 6 year course at my school so I'm scared it's going to be really competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ikr. I'd try and make your PS as strong as possible :smile:
What are your stats like? And what are the stats of those 6 like?

This course is really competitive! I hope we can get in :smile:
Original post by nkb01
Yeah ikr. I'd try and make your PS as strong as possible :smile:
What are your stats like? And what are the stats of those 6 like?

This course is really competitive! I hope we can get in :smile:

I think my PS is quite strong :smile:
I really like it

Yeah, because it's the only university in London which does a foundation course, apart from Queen Mary, but there is a scheme for that too for particular students only.
My stats aren't great,
GCSE: I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's.
And AS: BBBD
And predicted: AAA

The other students got pretty good grades, higher than me actually.

Wbu? What are your stats like? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Bloom77
I think my PS is quite strong :smile:
I really like it

Yeah, because it's the only university in London which does a foundation course, apart from Queen Mary, but there is a scheme for that too for particular students only.
My stats aren't great,
GCSE: I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's.
And AS: BBBD
And predicted: AAA

The other students got pretty good grades, higher than me actually.

Wbu? What are your stats like? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are pretty good stats tbh! You have always got to bear in mind that there will always be people with lower or higher stats than yourself that will get offers or rejections. Just focus on what you have control over now and that is your PS, reference and the BMAT if you are planning on sitting that.

My stats are: 5A*s, 8As at GCSE,
AAAA at AS
and BBB at A2, but I am resitting and I am predicted A*A*A
UKCAT 650

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending