The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bloom77
Why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious, cos its been an issue in the past with discrimination between students, so I was just wondering if King's changed anything
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by ojj_12
Hey, how big of a factor is your background when inviting for interview? I come from an okayish but not terrible part of London and my mum went to uni in India so I'm not first generation or anything :/

They don't have anything regarding this on their website in the selection process. I'd try emailing them :smile:
Reply 62
What is the criteria for this course?
Original post by Cpie21
What is the criteria for this course?

It's on their website

You have to do a levels within two years and go to a secondary school in London since the age if 11. (A secondary school they've listed on their website)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Bloom77
It's on their website

You have to do a levels within two years and go to a secondary school in London since the age if 11. (A secondary school they've listed on their website)

Posted from TSR Mobile

On their website it says that RO students can apply from all over England. This would fit me but then I don't know if my school is on their list since 'm not from London.. No one answers the phone and I've emailed them loads too.
What does it mean by a non-selective state school? and would they accept resits with extenuating circumstances?
Reply 65
Original post by Cpie21
On their website it says that RO students can apply from all over England. This would fit me but then I don't know if my school is on their list since 'm not from London.. No one answers the phone and I've emailed them loads too.
What does it mean by a non-selective state school? and would they accept resits with extenuating circumstances?

Id keep trying with the phone calls because its not clear with the RO thing

They accept resits regardless of circumstances, i called them myself.

Non-selective would mean 'not grammar or private'
Reply 66
Original post by nkb01
Id keep trying with the phone calls because its not clear with the RO thing

They accept resits regardless of circumstances, i called them myself.

Non-selective would mean 'not grammar or private'

Ahh okay I wasn't sure about the resits.. Thank you!
Will you be applying here then?
Reply 67
Original post by Cpie21
Ahh okay I wasn't sure about the resits.. Thank you!
Will you be applying here then?

Yup :smile: I just received my acknowledgement after sending off my application yesterday (ahhhhh)
Original post by nkb01
Yup :smile: I just received my acknowledgement after sending off my application yesterday (ahhhhh)

Same here :biggrin:
I really wanna get in
I believe 800 people are applying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nkb01
Woah. Where did you get that from? X__X

Calculations loooll
Do you know how many applied last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by nkb01
O.o what do you mean?

Btw is it true that EMDP students have to wear different ID badges to the 5yrs MBBS?

Not really...Only difference is this on the card: MBBS (Extended)
Anybody who cares is sad. There is NO discrimination whatsoever. Please don't be put off. My closest friends are on the 5yr course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
I'm sending mine off today! Just filling in the ucas form makes it feel so real :redface:
Good luck!
Original post by nkb01
Original post by Cpie21
I'm sending mine off today! Just filling in the ucas form makes it feel so real :redface:
Good luck!

IT IS REAL! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I really hope I can get onto this course.
I got ABBB at as, and I'm now predicted A*AA but my ukcat is a low 630, hence why I'm applying.
I was wondering if I didn't meet my predicted grades, and got ABB for example (and I had an offer for this course) because they accept grades to the lowest of BBB would I still be accepted?
Reply 74
I have achieved abb but in the past people from my school have gotten aab offers. Do you think I am in a bad position? I would have resat but my school refused to give me any predicted grades 😞
Reply 75
Original post by Bloom77
Same here :biggrin:
I really wanna get in
I believe 800 people are applying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know how you did your calculations because usually between 400-500 people apply so i doubt its that much
Original post by ojj_12
I dont know how you did your calculations because usually between 400-500 people apply so i doubt its that much

Oh, okay!
That sounds better then!
I think I was exaggerating lol
Because a lot of my classmates, we're going to apply for the kings A100 programme but ended up applying for this one instead because it was either their UKCAT or grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they still do PQA tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!!

I am also applying for A101 at kings

My stats are

AS: AAAAB
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*
and I got a low ukcat of 2450

Does anyone know whether we would join with the 2017 entry after first year or would we still be separate?
Good luck with your application!!
Original post by Miss.Anon
Hi guys!!

I am also applying for A101 at kings

My stats are

AS: AAAAB
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*
and I got a low ukcat of 2450

Does anyone know whether we would join with the 2017 entry after first year or would we still be separate?
Good luck with your application!!

We would be separate
Good luck to you too
Do you know anything about the PQA tests that Kings hold?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply