The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
i want to know tooo! i really like the look of the place, and i'm liking the whole collegiate style thing... except i don't really like the stigma of the 'virgin megastore' nickname... is it really that commonplace?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
NO NO NO NO NO
DON'T!
I hate it here SO much it's like being at boarding school, it's not religious but it still has this religious feel.
It's VERY expensive as well
I guess it depends on what sort of person you are but I do not like the collegiatey feel.
Reply 3
Iv been told its like a military camp and full of lesbians.

Dont quote me on that or ask who i got that information from :ninja:
hmm, i choose ashburne over it.
Reply 5
Pink*Guildhall
hmm, i choose ashburne over it.

Yeah? Well what's Ashburne like in terms of reputation and lifestyle? Ashburne is my other serious interest, I love the idea of being with just girls, it'll be really...girly.
Reply 6
discombobulation
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
NO NO NO NO NO
DON'T!
I hate it here SO much it's like being at boarding school, it's not religious but it still has this religious feel.
It's VERY expensive as well
I guess it depends on what sort of person you are but I do not like the collegiatey feel.

Like a boarding school? Are there curfews? What happens if you try and bring boys back to Ashburne or St. Gabriel's? Is it totally forbidden? If it is then my brothers can't visit.
Snarf
Like a boarding school? Are there curfews? What happens if you try and bring boys back to Ashburne or St. Gabriel's? Is it totally forbidden? If it is then my brothers can't visit.

It's too collegiatey for me, i mean in terms of the eating arrangement etc.
There are no curfews and lads can always stay, they have a bit of a thing goin on with St. Anselms tbh
Lots of people love it here
Sausage
Iv been told its like a military camp and full of lesbians.

Dont quote me on that or ask who i got that information from :ninja:

Hahaahahaha severely repressed lesbians if at all.
The majority of people seem to be very young for their age / international students
Snarf
Yeah? Well what's Ashburne like in terms of reputation and lifestyle? Ashburne is my other serious interest, I love the idea of being with just girls, it'll be really...girly.

i'm starting in september, so we'll see! something about ashburne appealed more to me than st.gabs.

in response to somebody who said they didn't like the collegiate style. again, that's more what i wanted than a block of flats.

everybody is different. i'm fairly sure that i will be happy there. but i can understand that there are those who won't be.
Reply 10
If you want to know about Ashburne, search this forum... there are quite a few posts on the subject!
Reply 11
Ugh St Gabs. Why would you choose to go there...
Reply 12
mr_person

You're a boy though, what do you know?
mr_person

My sentiments exactly...I think I understand why people choose to come here but it's not really my thing :s
Reply 14
when do pple start applyin for accommodation...i gt an offer from manchester but havent replied to it yet..
Reply 15
From the looks of your signature, you've replied now so you should get your accommodation forms very soon. People only get sent accommodation forms once they have replied to a university as their firm choice (regardless of whether it's conditional or unconditional). Also, since we're talking about Manchester, if you haven't already filled in your accommodation forms, go to the 'open house' day this Sunday (11th March) and you can see all the halls and ask any questions you may have-it's so useful!

Latest

Trending

Trending