The Student Room Group

Worth rejecting firm?

I have an AAA offer for Anthropology at Durham but have been seriously considering taking a gap year to reapply to different unis and change my course for several months now. Just got my results and I got A*A*A - is it worth taking a gap year? And if so, what do I need to tell Durham to drop my place and be eligible for UCAS 2016?

Thank you! Any advice/experiences would be really appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scavi2008
I have an AAA offer for Anthropology at Durham but have been seriously considering taking a gap year to reapply to different unis and change my course to Business Management for several months now. Just got my results and I got A*A*A - is it worth taking a gap year? And if so, what do I need to tell Durham to drop my place and be eligible for UCAS 2016?

Thank you! Any advice/experiences would be really appreciated.

It's totally up to you, but it sounds like you aren't that keen on Anthropology or Durham anymore. You shouldn't go somewhere where you won't be happy, and you won't enjoy the course or do well if you're not committed.

A*A*A are great grades and will give you lots of options, so taking a gap year does sound like a good plan.

To be released, just call Durham and ask :h:
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
It's totally up to you, but it sounds like you aren't that keen on Anthropology or Durham anymore. You shouldn't go somewhere where you won't be happy, and you won't enjoy the course or do well if you're not committed.

A*A*A are great grades and will give you lots of options, so taking a gap year does sound like a good plan.

To be released, just call Durham and ask :h:

Perfect, thank you!
Original post by scavi2008
Perfect, thank you!

I'm glad I could help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending