The Student Room Group

AS level results

So my AS results are really bad and I have no idea how or why because I did so much revision and all the pass papers I could but I still got 2 Ds and 2 Es. I have applied for a photocopy of each exam script and also resitting my exams next year but I don't know how this will affect my chances of getting into uni to study nursing. I have thought about taking a year out and joining the navy and studying nursing after but I still don't really know what to do.
Original post by lizbiequaye
So my AS results are really bad and I have no idea how or why because I did so much revision and all the pass papers I could but I still got 2 Ds and 2 Es. I have applied for a photocopy of each exam script and also resitting my exams next year but I don't know how this will affect my chances of getting into uni to study nursing. I have thought about taking a year out and joining the navy and studying nursing after but I still don't really know what to do.

A lot of nursing courses are points-based, so if you have a look at UCAS Course Search, you will find that many aren't so far out of your reach :smile:

Hey,

It's ArmyJobs here,

We have a role of a Student Nurse and a Healthcare assistant that you maybe interested in. For the role of a Student Nurse, the entry requirements are 3 GCSEs or equivalent, graded A-C (including the Maths, English and a Science subject) plus 280 UCAS points. The UCAS tariff is expected to rise to 300 from the Sept 2016 intake onwards.

The great thing is, that this course at Birmingham City University would be fully funded by the British Army and you would also be on a salary of at least £18,000 a year, after your initial 14 weeks soldier training.

Alternatively there is a the role of a Healthcare assistant in which you would not need to attend University, you would needEnglish GCSE Grade C and above or equivalent and a minimum of Maths GCSE Grade D G or equivalent but If you have other Healthcare qualifications you may be considered.

You can check out more information on these roles here:

Healthcare Assistant:
https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/77/healthcare-assistant

Student Nurse:
https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/228/student-nurse

If you have any more questions please ask.
Reply 3
Hi,
I will have an explore but what I have looked at so far looks really good. Ideally I would like to join the Navy and work as a nurse there, do you know if the same applies to the Navy as it does for the Army?

Thanks

Original post by ArmyJobs
Hey,

It's ArmyJobs here,

We have a role of a Student Nurse and a Healthcare assistant that you maybe interested in. For the role of a Student Nurse, the entry requirements are 3 GCSEs or equivalent, graded A-C (including the Maths, English and a Science subject) plus 280 UCAS points. The UCAS tariff is expected to rise to 300 from the Sept 2016 intake onwards.

The great thing is, that this course at Birmingham City University would be fully funded by the British Army and you would also be on a salary of at least £18,000 a year, after your initial 14 weeks soldier training.

Alternatively there is a the role of a Healthcare assistant in which you would not need to attend University, you would needEnglish GCSE Grade C and above or equivalent and a minimum of Maths GCSE Grade D G or equivalent but If you have other Healthcare qualifications you may be considered.

You can check out more information on these roles here:

Healthcare Assistant:
https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/77/healthcare-assistant

Student Nurse:
https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/228/student-nurse

If you have any more questions please ask.
Hi,
I will have an explore but what I have looked at so far looks really good. Ideally I would like to join the Navy and work as a nurse there, do you know if the same applies to the Navy as it does for the Army?

Thanks

Hi,

Cheers for the reply!, Unfortunately I can only comment on British Army recruitment. You will be able to google Royal Navy Recruiting and you'll find the right place to ask your questions.

In the mean time, You can find lots of information on the British Army here: www.army.mod.uk

Best of luck
ArmyJobs

Quick Reply

Latest