The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit AS Remark

I got a C overall in my English Lit AS level which I'm not happy with at all. I got full marks in the coursework but an E in the exam (LTA1C) which seems ridiculous as I've been getting As and Bs in every mock we have done. Does anyone have experience with AQA remarks? Specifically English would be good as it can be quite subjective... I'm feeling disheartened right now and don't want to have to resit :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AFEX
I got a C overall in my English Lit AS level which I'm not happy with at all. I got full marks in the coursework but an E in the exam (LTA1C) which seems ridiculous as I've been getting As and Bs in every mock we have done. Does anyone have experience with AQA remarks? Specifically English would be good as it can be quite subjective... I'm feeling disheartened right now and don't want to have to resit :frown:

I did A2 English lit, but it was the AQA LITB.

I had the same problem in AS. I got an A in my coursework, but i got a D in the exam. Even though i was getting B's in mocks.

I decided to resit it and at the time i regretted spending my time on it. But now i'm glad i did, because it went from D to a C for my AS exam, which helped me get a B overall!
Reply 2
Original post by I Procrastinate
I did A2 English lit, but it was the AQA LITB.

I had the same problem in AS. I got an A in my coursework, but i got a D in the exam. Even though i was getting B's in mocks.

I decided to resit it and at the time i regretted spending my time on it. But now i'm glad i did, because it went from D to a C for my AS exam, which helped me get a B overall!

At AS how many mark off the next grade were you? I'm 2 raw marks (4 UMS) off the grade I want so feeling a bit gutted but wondering about a remark? Did you do AQA Lit B?
Original post by Qaiys
At AS how many mark off the next grade were you? I'm 2 raw marks (4 UMS) off the grade I want so feeling a bit gutted but wondering about a remark? Did you do AQA Lit B?

I can't remember.
I don't know if you would need to resit then, since you were only 2 marks off a C. It depends on what grade you are aiming for overall. Have a talk with your teacher?

Remark is an option.
When i resat the exam, i got my paperback to see where i went wrong. ( it cost £10)
Yes, AQA lit B
Reply 4
I can't remember.
I don't know if you would need to resit then, since you were only 2 marks off a C. It depends on what grade you are aiming for overall. Have a talk with your teacher?

Remark is an option.
When i resat the exam, i got my paperback to see where i went wrong. ( it cost £10)
Yes, AQA lit B

Ohhh okay, thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Qaiys
Ohhh okay, thanks a lot :smile:

No problem. Just decide what's best for you. I didn't do well in my exam, but got A's in my coursework, which helped to balance things out fortunately.
What are you aiming for and what did you get, if you don't mind me asking?
I got 100 UMS, an A in the exam. And and C in the Coursework....overall a B. So pissed off!!! My teacher said I got an A in the Coursework!!
Same issue over here - I've been expecting an A and I felt the exam went well, so I'm feeling really disheartened - I want the script and a remark.

I got full marks in my coursework, then a D in the exam with 67 UMS. I hope that there's been a mistake that isn't on my behalf, or I'll just retake it!
Reply 8
No problem. Just decide what's best for you. I didn't do well in my exam, but got A's in my coursework, which helped to balance things out fortunately.
What are you aiming for and what did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, thanks a lot. I got A's in both coursework and a C in the exam so a B overall. My exam was one raw mark off a B and overall my total was 2 raw marks off an A, which I would like. I knew English wasn't going well so I was praying for at least a B but knowing it's so close to an A has made me feel awful :frown:
Original post by Qaiys
Yeah, thanks a lot. I got A's in both coursework and a C in the exam so a B overall. My exam was one raw mark off a B and overall my total was 2 raw marks off an A, which I would like. I knew English wasn't going well so I was praying for at least a B but knowing it's so close to an A has made me feel awful :frown:

That's really good! You're doing wayyy better than what i did in the exam. I hate the exam :frown:
Perhaps, you could pull it to an A for A2?
Have a look at entry requirements for the university you want to study at, if you're planning on going to uni.
Also, look at what grades you need for A2, in order to get the grade you want overall. That may give you some indication.
Focus on them raw marks-only 2 marks off an A. Hopefully, you can gain those marks in A2!
Don't forget to get your teacher's advice. I'd be chuffed with that grade. :smile:
That's really good! You're doing wayyy better than what i did in the exam. I hate the exam :frown:
Perhaps, you could pull it to an A for A2?
Have a look at entry requirements for the university you want to study at, if you're planning on going to uni.
Also, look at what grades you need for A2, in order to get the grade you want overall. That may give you some indication.
Focus on them raw marks-only 2 marks off an A. Hopefully, you can gain those marks in A2!
Don't forget to get your teacher's advice. I'd be chuffed with that grade. :smile:

Yeahhh, I'm just considering whether to keep it to A2 or drop or whaaat. My teacher isn't that good sadly, but I'll definitely talk to him about it all. I was pretty relieved until I saw how close it was because I've always loooved lit and felt a bit let down ahaa, thanks so much anyway! :smile:
Get the paper back first, if its only AS get your teacher to have a look over it then put it in for a remark if they say there is likely to be some movement. Way back when i did AS's one of my Psychology papers came back as a D did the process above and it came back as a B. Which was slightly worrying...
I got 70 (A) in my coursework and 84 (B) in the exam (so a B / 120 UMS overall), but my coursework was full marks and I've been getting As all year.

My english teachers weren't there when I picked up my results so does anyone know the boundaries? Also, what do I need to get an A? Is it likely that a remark would boost my grade or not?
My girlfriend got her English Lit results back , she is a brilliant student at English, got nothing but A's for the whole year, Got an A in one exam and a C in the other? makes no sense at all, especially since she knows that she did well in that exam. I think AA have ****ed up.
Original post by patronus7
I got 70 (A) in my coursework and 84 (B) in the exam (so a B / 120 UMS overall), but my coursework was full marks and I've been getting As all year.

My english teachers weren't there when I picked up my results so does anyone know the boundaries? Also, what do I need to get an A? Is it likely that a remark would boost my grade or not?

Exactly the same as me - it's only 4 UMS/2 raw marks off an A so I'm getting my script back and then probably a remark. Also thought I'd got nearly full marks in the coursework and that the exam had gone really well, but the grade boundaries were ridiculously high this year.
Original post by Bella Frost
Exactly the same as me - it's only 4 UMS/2 raw marks off an A so I'm getting my script back and then probably a remark. Also thought I'd got nearly full marks in the coursework and that the exam had gone really well, but the grade boundaries were ridiculously high this year.

Jinx, 4 UMS/2 raw marks off an A
Reply 16
Same!

I actually got an E in the exam and my A in the coursework brought me up to a C!

I'm still in shock tbh, even though I'm so glad about my coursework.

An E!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qaiys
Jinx, 4 UMS/2 raw marks off an A

84/120 in Unit 1 Exam
73/80 in Unit 2 C.W

Missed A by 3 UMS (1/2 marks) and funnily enough 7 people in my class 'coincidentally' managed to score the same mark of 84 despite differing abilities? Hmm, were the papers even marked?

Hopefully I can get the extra 1-2 marks *3ums I need for the A.
Original post by Bella Frost

Nooooo don't get your original script get a COPY otherwise they don't let you remark it
Original post by AFEX

That is the exact same with me! I had mostly A's in every mock and my coursework was very close to full marks. Final exam was an E and C overall! I feel the exact same way, I thought it was just me! What are you doing about it? I thought I had done really well, apparently not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending