The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York - Freshers 2015

Big congratulations if you're coming to the University of York this year!!

This thread is the best place for you all to start meeting and chatting with one another before you all begin your incredible uni years!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guess I'll start off then, I'm Jon and going to be doing the MEng in Computer Science!
University of York
York
Original post by Petick
Guess I'll start off then, I'm Jon and going to be doing the MEng in Computer Science!

Nice, Im Reece and I'm doing LLB Law.. :biggrin:
A massive congratulations if you've got a place at York!

If you got any questions for us, ask away...
Original post by University of York
A massive congratulations if you've got a place at York!

If you got any questions for us, ask away...

Does Freshers start 26th Sept?
Original post by ReeceBerini
Does Freshers start 26th Sept?

Hi,

Check out the YUSU Freshers website for loads of information about Freshers' Week including tickets.

Congratulations on your place at York!

Helen
Reply 6
Really excited to be starting LLB Law in September! Just one question - is it possible to do room swaps if you find someone willing? I've been given a room in Halifax College, but would really prefer somewhere on Hes East.
Reply 7
Yorkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!! History ftw
Original post by littup96
Really excited to be starting LLB Law in September! Just one question - is it possible to do room swaps if you find someone willing? I've been given a room in Halifax College, but would really prefer somewhere on Hes East.

Hi there,

Please check out this information about leaving/swapping your accommodation and if you have any questions please contact the accommodation team on [email protected]

I hope this helps,

Helen
Reply 9
Thank you so much for this! So room swapping can only be done once we've arrived?

[QUOTE=University of York;58447829]Hi there,

Please check out this information about leaving/swapping your accommodation and if you have any questions please contact the accommodation team on [email protected]

I hope this helps,

Helen
Original post by littup96
Thank you so much for this! So room swapping can only be done once we've arrived?

Hi,

Yes, you can only swap rooms once you've arrived; please contact [email protected] to discuss the possibility of changing your accommodation choice now.

Thanks,

Helen
Reply 11
Original post by Petick

Doing the Bsc here, flopped my CompSci papers but did alright on the coursework :frown:.

What college at your staying in? :smile:.
Reply 12
Original post by El-Presidente
Doing the Bsc here, flopped my CompSci papers but did alright on the coursework :frown:.

What college at your staying in? :smile:.

I don't know yet, haven't got anything from York email wise - maybe because it was my insurance?

I'll let you know when I find out :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi im Ella and I'm doing biochemistry
Anyone know their accommodation yet?
Hey, I'll be studying Linguistics :biggrin: still waiting on accommodation
Hey all, I'm studying mathematics and I've been offered James college :> anyone else in block H?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Shady778
Hey all, I'm studying mathematics and I've been offered James college :> anyone else in block H?

I've been offered a room in block N at James' :smile:
Original post by Lighfy
I've been offered a room in block N at James' :smile:

Wheyyy what are you gonna be studying? And is N block catered or self catered ? Are you also bricking it ?:3 too many questions you can tell I'm seriously nervous
Reply 18
Original post by Shady778
Wheyyy what are you gonna be studying? And is N block catered or self catered ? Are you also bricking it ?:3 too many questions you can tell I'm seriously nervous

Gonna be studying Biomedical science :smile: It's catered and I'm not going to lie -- the nerves are starting to sink in a bit haha.
Original post by Lighfy
Gonna be studying Biomedical science :smile: It's catered and I'm not going to lie -- the nerves are starting to sink in a bit haha.

Hahah I genuinely don't think I'll be able to survive .

Quick Reply

Latest