Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry Uni Freshers 2015 Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Sonia.r
Omg lucky you :P
Im currently homeless for uni :smile: YAY :biggrin: hoping to hear back by next week at least...
What course are you doing??

Yeah I know :P Lots of people don't have their accommodation still, they seem to be taking their time so don't worry just yet :biggrin:

I'm doing Computer Science, what about you?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by jtwns
Yeah I know :P Lots of people don't have their accommodation still, they seem to be taking their time so don't worry just yet :biggrin:

I'm doing Computer Science, what about you?

Omgsh ur a clever child :P yeah im not worrying about accommodation yet but i am about freshers. There isnt a lot of info around about it :s-smilie: And im doing biomed :tongue:
Reply 82
Original post by Sonia.r
Omgsh ur a clever child :P yeah im not worrying about accommodation yet but i am about freshers. There isnt a lot of info around about it :s-smilie: And im doing biomed :tongue:

Haha, thankyou :biggrin: If you're worrying about freshers, everything you need to know is on this website: http://www.cusu.org/freshers/ (took me ages to find out about) and awesome, also a science, you must also be clever :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by Harry102
Thanks for that tip, do you remember what programming languages you learnt on the first year? I'm familiar with front end web design but I've never really tried to learn anything harder than Javascript.

For most of the year the main language is python. This is what you will code your projects in. I would personally say that python is easier than Javascript. Then the second language you learn (specifically for the programming module) is C++. However, you will only touch on the very basics of C++. Nothing difficult.
Reply 84
im studying at cov this september aswell i applied for ensuit hope i get it in victoria hall, wouldn't mind the singer hall which was my second choice. cant wait for freshers i dont get why people are scared/nervous im more worried about the accommodation and cooking, imma survive of noodles and frozen pizzas
Hi, I'm going to be studying computer science and traveling from Birmingham lol. (Never done computing or ICT at a level)
Reply 86
Original post by Laurentia
Hey everyone *wave*,

Is anyone studying international business management? 😀

:eek: I AMM!! finally i found someone but the thing is I still havent sorted out accomodation and I dont have any info whatsoever of what I'm doing next.....do you?
Original post by mardib
:eek: I AMM!! finally i found someone but the thing is I still havent sorted out accomodation and I dont have any info whatsoever of what I'm doing next.....do you?

Omg yaaaay I thought I wouldn't find anyone 😭 and I've done the application but I haven't been given a room yet 😞 I don't have a clue either 😓 Have you done the application?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
Anyone here doing Aerospace systems engineering?
Reply 89
Original post by Lannister's
Hi, I'm going to be studying computer science and traveling from Birmingham lol. (Never done computing or ICT at a level)

Cool i did the same in the first year.

Top Tips for Birmingham Commuters:

Get a student bus and train ticket. It will save you a ton on public transport. Its only £260 a term for unlimited travel. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/student/student.aspx

If you want a seat on the the early virgin trains to London Euston there are usually seats towards the front of the train

Avoid taking London midland trains to Coventry as they will make a lot of stops and you will be sitting on the train for longer than you need to

Keep you stuff secure as pick pocketing is common around New Street station

If you want to go for a night out in Coventry make sure you can stay at a friends as taxi back home will cost a fortune. (unless you split the bill)

Useful apps - Never be late for class again
http://www.thetrainline.com/train-tickets/mobile-app/
http://networkwestmidlands.com/Apps/phone_app.aspx
Original post by jtwns
I'm planning on buying one, might as well since that seems to cover entry for all the freshers events

When r they on sale?
Hey everyone I'm Reunne and I'm studying fashion. Anybody else?
Reply 92
Original post by diamondxoxoxo
When r they on sale?

They're already on sale here: http://www.cusu.org/shop/freshers-2015/freshers-pass-2015/
Reply 94
Original post by Laurentia
Omg yaaaay I thought I wouldn't find anyone 😭 and I've done the application but I haven't been given a room yet 😞 I don't have a clue either 😓 Have you done the application?

yeah i've done the application and whenever i check it it says"awaiting allocation" i also called them a couple of times and they said its normal and to just wait :argh:
im started to get impatient :/
have u bought the freshers pass? I want to buy it but im not too sure yet ..there're selling fast apparently >.<
Anyone studying criminology?😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurenmkeenan4
Anyone studying criminology?😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology and criminology! 😁
Original post by mardib
yeah i've done the application and whenever i check it it says"awaiting allocation" i also called them a couple of times and they said its normal and to just wait :argh:
im started to get impatient :/
have u bought the freshers pass? I want to buy it but im not too sure yet ..there're selling fast apparently >.<

Yeah I'm getting very impatient as well. I've started to look for other places just in case.
And same I've been meaning to but I'm not sure either. I think I might tho
You?
Reply 98
Is anyone studying Product Design and/or staying in Quadrant Hall?
Original post by Josh224
Is anyone studying Product Design and/or staying in Quadrant Hall?

Automotive Design but youre the first design ive seen, im in Singer though

Quick Reply

Latest