The Student Room Group

Is it worth a remark?

I got a B grade at As level for History Edexcel. I was two marks away on EACH paper from an A, so four altogether across both papers. Should I remark?
Reply 1
What do you have to lose? Its unlikely that it will go down to a C
im doing AS btw. Disappointed my results but anyway i got BCD in geography, economics and biology was expecting around AAB so that didn't go to plan.My B was 3 UMS and 5 marks of an A, my C was 5 UMS and 3 marks off and my biology was 1 UMS and less than 1 mark from a C. I was thinking of remarking my economics just because i dont think i could get higher than a B. I was debating whether to get my geog remarked but decided to leave it because out of 120 marks it could go either way and if i lose 5 marks instead of gaining 5 i will get a C...Biology omd I can't believe it a D I'm in not gonna bother remarking if i'm just gonna retake it anyway hopefully get that up to a B.For my predicted grades do out think they'll be BCD or ABC, if they bring each grade up even though my grades now were all very close to these grades anyway. I really would like/need ABB do you guys think i can get ABB, I'm gonna retake probably at least one module from each subject. Also will this appear to unis or will they be hidden if I'm redoing them. sorry its long

and to Katy456 how much can you loose before you go down to the next grade. It also depends how much its out of, if its a lot then you have the poteial to gain more but you can also loose more.
Reply 3
Original post by econam
What do you have to lose? Its unlikely that it will go down to a C

I can lose £96
You just have to weigh it up, I think you probably have a good chance of going up a grade but if you don't think it's worth £96 then don't bother, But £96 would soon pale into insignificance if a higher grade meant you could go on to do something you really want to do
Original post by katy456
I can lose £96
Reply 5
Original post by thegeniusatwork
You just have to weigh it up, I think you probably have a good chance of going up a grade but if you don't think it's worth £96 then don't bother, But £96 would soon pale into insignificance if a higher grade meant you could go on to do something you really want to do

Do you really think I can move up two marks on EACH paper?
Original post by katy456
Do you really think I can move up two marks on EACH paper?

Personally, Yes I think that is very possible, it could go either way but if you're that close to the next grade I think usually they move you up

What would happen if you didn't get it remarked?
Reply 7
Original post by katy456
I can lose £96

Edexcel? I thought they were £36?

In my opinion if you think you have been scored less than you deserve, go for it. If you have been at a B all year and are just hoping by luck it will go up then perhaps don't waste the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by econam
Edexcel? I thought they were £36?

In my opinion if you think you have been scored less than you deserve, go for it. If you have been at a B all year and are just hoping by luck it will go up then perhaps don't waste the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be quite honest for unit 2 my average practice mark throughout the year was a B, and ive never got higher than a C for unit one mocks :/ But I was so close...
Reply 9
bump

Quick Reply

Latest