The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter Freshers 2015 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hclark96
Hi, my offer was for maths with AAB and I got A*AB, if your school is in the bottom 40% of the UK you can get a contextual offer which is what I had and means you get a lower offer than people applying from other schools (usually one grade lower), good luck applying next year!

Thanks, A*AB is higher than AAB so yeah that's why you got in lol, don't think my college is in that bracket, oh well hopefully I'll do ok, cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by PurpleMash
I'll be studying LLB Law, how about you?? :smile:

Same! :smile:
Hi, my offer was for maths with AAB and I got A*AB, if your school is in the bottom 40% of the UK you can get a contextual offer which is what I had and means you get a lower offer than people applying from other schools (usually one grade lower), good luck applying next year!

A*AB is higher than AAB so it makes sense that you got in...
Reply 63
Original post by PurpleMash
A*AB is higher than AAB so it makes sense that you got in...

Yeah I know, I just meant without the contextual offer they would've wanted AAA (probably) and then I may not have got in
I'm going to study Physics with Astrophysics!!! :biggrin: and I got my accommodation offer as well! I'm staying at Lafrowda, Crantock house, what about you guys? :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by RaymondG8
I'm going to study Physics with Astrophysics!!! :biggrin: and I got my accommodation offer as well! I'm staying at Lafrowda, Crantock house, what about you guys? :smile:

I'm in Crantock house too :smile: studying mathematics
Original post by L3igh.spence
Me TOO! And I heard about accomodation today- am in Chagford-St Germans :smile: x

Cool! I got a notification saying that I'm nominated for Northfield :biggrin:
Still waiting for my accomodation offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im still waiting for my accommodation offer and i haven't got a welcome email from exeter themselves yet, just the UCAS one saying my place is confirmed. Is that weird? :|
Reply 69
Original post by emilialucy
Still waiting for my accomodation offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can take up till the august to get one, don't worry
Reply 70
Original post by Emma-Wray
Im still waiting for my accommodation offer and i haven't got a welcome email from exeter themselves yet, just the UCAS one saying my place is confirmed. Is that weird? :|

Same! I haven't heard anything from Exeter, only UCAS. I don't know whether to be worried or not!
Reply 71
Original post by RaymondG8

I'm doing physics with astrophysics too!!
But haven't heard about my accommodation yet 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by CWS2
Same! I haven't heard anything from Exeter, only UCAS. I don't know whether to be worried or not!

I wouldn't be worried, they original email said up to 2 weeks from results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
En-suite room available on Pennsylvania Road (ideal location just 10 minutes from both town and campus), with 5 other really great people. Message me for more details.
Reply 74
ahh I'm doing maths too :h: I'm in St. Germans (Christow house)

Nice one, I'm in Christow House too, see you there! :h:
Original post by Jrees97
Oh! I thought you meant you booked a move in date

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do book a move in date! Once you get your accommodation offer and it has been paid for they send you an email about booking a time slot. You then get the option to choose a 11th,12th,13th and a specific time in which to unload your car
Reply 76
Just found out I'm in Pennsylvania Court, anyone else there?
I'm gonna be doing LLB Law and I got Yeo House, Duryard (don't know the specifics tho) and i'm crazy excited in the same time i am also crazy nervous for uni life
Hey guys! Anyone doing medical sciences?
Reply 79
Original post by Emma-Wray
I also got in for medical imaging! :biggrin: What accommodation did you apply for?

yay! well done! I didn't apply for accommodation as my Uncle lives in Exeter so I'm lodging with him! saving a bit of dollar that way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending