The Student Room Group

First Module @ SAE Institute

Hi All!

I'm currently studying a degree in Audio Production.

I'm nearing the end of my first module and I'm getting slightly worried about failing it.

I have had to work to support myself financially over the course of the first 3 months, this has meant I have missed a few lectures and my Self Directed Learning time has been limited.

I feel fairly confident that I can pass, but i'm still a bit nervous about what will happen if I don't.

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows about the rules around re-sitting my first module, if I do fail?

I'm working very hard to revise before the module exam in a few weeks time, but I was looking for some reassurance that not all is lost if I do fail.

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with failing a first module and re-sitting?

I'm studying at SAE Institute.

Thanks in advance and good luck out there!
Original post by Charlie_Newt
Hi All!

I'm nearing the end of my first module and I'm getting slightly worried about failing it.

I have had to work to support myself financially over the course of the first 3 months, this has meant I have missed a few lectures and my Self Directed Learning time has been limited.

I feel fairly confident that I can pass, but i'm still a bit nervous about what will happen if I don't.

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows about the rules around re-sitting my first module, if I do fail?

I'm working very hard to revise before the module exam in a few weeks time, but I was looking for some reassurance that not all is lost if I do fail.

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with failing a first module and re-sitting?

The rules regarding this will be in your course documentation, if you are unsure then ask a module or course leader.

Generally institutions allow you to retake a module once, which is charged for. SFE will generally fund this, dependent on if you have studied elsewhere previously or not.

Regards
Original post by Charlie_Newt
Hi All!

Hi!

First of all, don't panic - this will only make you stress more!

If you fail the module exam you can retake it again, however you can only achieve a maximum mark of 16 (pass) as according to the Middlesex marking scheme.

In terms of retaking a module if you do fail there are circumstances in place and you would have to discuss this on a case basis with your audio programme coordinator.

Get in touch if you need more info... and don't panic!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending