The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Freshers 2015!!

Scroll to see replies

Haven't done any maths since early June, will they give us time to warm up before the workload really gets going?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Computing international people:smile:) how do you send them the registration form( or questionnaire thing wte) and the photo? By mail or post?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by AfterShave
Haven't done any maths since early June, will they give us time to warm up before the workload really gets going?

The courses start fairly slowly week or two; usually there's only introductory lectures in the first week, though most departments give a maths diagnostic test at the start of term to scare people into start working (which doesn't work very well)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rodim
Computing international people:smile:) how do you send them the registration form( or questionnaire thing wte) and the photo? By mail or post?

You can do either but they want a physical copy of the photo so if you reply by email then you just need to bring a printed copy of the photo on your first day.
Original post by DysonCube
October 3rd is moving in day, the week following is Freshers week. So I would assume classes actually begin on October 12th.

Classes start on October 5th for most courses.
Original post by prettyprogrammer
Classes start on October 5th for most courses.

Source?
Saids here classes don't start in the first week.
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/new-students/welcome-week/undergraduate/

Are these activities mandatory? I won't be in the UK until the 5th.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by prettyprogrammer
You can do either but they want a physical copy of the photo so if you reply by email then you just need to bring a printed copy of the photo on your first day.

Ok thanks:biggrin:. Anybody else who send through mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AfterShave
Source?
Saids here classes don't start in the first week.
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/new-students/welcome-week/undergraduate/

Are these activities mandatory? I won't be in the UK until the 5th.

I'm not sure if the activities are mandatory. I was told by someone on the Imperial Freshers Facebook page that there are a few scheduled classes the first week but those don't show on that welcome week schedule because they are done departmentally. They're short welcome things mostly. I looked at last year's schedule on my department's site and they had classes the first week.
Original post by Rodim
Ok thanks:biggrin:. Anybody else who send through mail?

I sent mine in the post before I realised that I could have done it through email :P
Reply 49
Original post by CMR115
Hey everyone, I'll be an Erasmus student next year at Imperial! I'm so excited (and really nervous!) :smile:

Another erasmus student here!
Female Flatmates Wanted for a flat near King's Cross, London - (£90 per week). Four places available. Must be a non-smoking, tidy, quiet, serious student. If you are interested, please email a message to:[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest