The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Taoface
We can go get our id early if we book cause we're Londoners!! Already uploaded my photo, but I'll be off to Spain now til the 10th! See you then!! :smile:

Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. And you've timed that perfectly - maximise the good weather before you have to get back for uni haha. Have a lovely time :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by jl1327
Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. And you've timed that perfectly - maximise the good weather before you have to get back for uni haha. Have a lovely time :smile:

:wink: Thanks! You should've gotten an email from them with the fast track enrolment information.
Original post by Taoface
:wink: Thanks! You should've gotten an email from them with the fast track enrolment information.

Hey guys, I'm doing BSC Geography :smile: have you seen the timetable? Looks like we only have Monday Tuesday Thursday until the 19th October, when Fieldwork stuff starts. Do you reckon the timetable could change?
Original post by Gg7
No not yet
Just information about enrolment and induction
What about u ?
Anything different?

Naa same stuff. I reckon we're going to have lectures/lab work 4 days a week
Original post by 0wlcoholic
Yeah it was! Where's your accommodation at? I'm at Great Dover Street but can't seem to find anyone else living there?

I'm also at great Dover street!! When is your move in slot?
Original post by zi_zi
KCL physics student here! Any more?

Yaaaaas KCL physics!!
Reply 246
Original post by KieranFM
Hey guys, I'm doing BSC Geography :smile: have you seen the timetable? Looks like we only have Monday Tuesday Thursday until the 19th October, when Fieldwork stuff starts. Do you reckon the timetable could change?

Hey BA here :smile: yeah i think it could change because it is only a draft. If you're thinking of doing a language that would take up some extra time too. Compared to others our timetable seems pretty quiet :smile: are you originally from London or moving here?
Reply 247
Original post by dijam
Have any maths applicants here done STEP?!!!

LOL doubt it. Kings maths applicants mostly even struggle to get A* in maths a level. Give them STEP and they'll cry xD I have seen you around on the Imperial maths applicant page so I presume you've done STEP. But you're most likely going to be the one of the only ones at kings who has done serious maths haha

Hopefully I'll meet you in London- I'll be doing Maths at Imperial this October :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jl1327
Hey BA here :smile: yeah i think it could change because it is only a draft. If you're thinking of doing a language that would take up some extra time too. Compared to others our timetable seems pretty quiet :smile: are you originally from London or moving here?

Will our department allow doing a language a long side the degree at no extra costs??
Reply 249
Original post by Buses
LOL doubt it. Kings maths applicants mostly even struggle to get A* in maths a level. Give them STEP and they'll cry xD I have seen you around on the Imperial maths applicant page so I presume you've done STEP. But you're most likely going to be the one of the only ones at kings who has done serious maths haha

Hopefully I'll meet you in London- I'll be doing Maths at Imperial this October :smile:

Ah you never know there could be a few who missed their offer and ended up there like me.. Yeah ive done it but didnt really meet imperials requirments :frown:

Congrats! wish i was in your position :frown: Wish you all the best at imperial!!
I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not really interested in making one, so I've been checking out all of the freshers events on the KCLSU website. How do I go about actually joining these events? Do I just show up?

I know this is a really stupid question but i'm just super confused and need someone to clarify it all for me...
Original post by tellmeimmageek
I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not really interested in making one, so I've been checking out all of the freshers events on the KCLSU website. How do I go about actually joining these events? Do I just show up?

I know this is a really stupid question but i'm just super confused and need someone to clarify it all for me...

Hey,

Just copied & pasted this off the KCLSU website - hope it helps! :smile:

"To get the most out of Welcome Month, register a guest account on our website (or if you’re a returning student, you can just login using the Student Login). Once you’ve done this, you can sign up for events, join societies and buy tickets.Your guest account is temporary for you to use until you’re fully enrolled at King’s College London. Once you’ve started your course, you should be able to use the ‘Student Login’ and we’ll merge your accounts. Here are a few things to remember to help us match up your accounts:• Use the name you applied to King’s College London with, not a nickname or an abbreviation• Register with a personal email address (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo)• If you’ve been given a student ID (tip: it’ll start with a K) include it on the formOnce you’ve registered, we’ll send you an activation link so check your inbox. Sometimes your spam filter will send the link to your junk mail so don’t forget to check there too!If you’ve got any questions, send an email to [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help."

Omd you're so similar to me. I didn't use my fbk account so deactivated it 2 yrs ago and only reactivted now to meet people studying my course
I dont think its a stupid question. I assume we just turn up.. if you're going to the welcome fair on 18th then they'd have info on joining the clubs and societies
Reply 253
Original post by doughnut23
Omd you're so similar to me. I didn't use my fbk account so deactivated it 2 yrs ago and only reactivted now to meet people studying my course
I dont think its a stupid question. I assume we just turn up.. if you're going to the welcome fair on 18th then they'd have info on joining the clubs and societies

For certain events like all the club related nights out you have to buy tickets; a wristband might be worthwhile if you want to go to a good number of the events included on the wristband. You can just show up to events that don't need tickets as long as there aren't any obvious prerequisites; for example it wouldn't be appropriate for a guy (who identifies himself as a male) to try and join the women's hockey team.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are many different nights out, there are KCLSU organised events on the KCLSU site and there are other events organised by external events companies; people will go to both so just choose the events that you like best
Original post by zi_zi
KCL physics student here! Any more?

I'm about to enter 2nd year Physics at KCL. Just a heads up - the first year isn't bad just make sure you keep on top of the work because there's a lot to learn and leaving it all to the last minute like I did is not a good idea lol.
Original post by Realm1996
I'm also at great Dover street!! When is your move in slot?

Hey! I'm moving in on the Sunday 13th, 14:00 - 15:00

What about you?
Anyone at Champion Hill??
Reply 257
Original post by geometrix
Yaaaaas KCL physics!!

YAAAAAASS so excited! do we have a fb page or something- i can't find one :/
Reply 258
Original post by aNewBeginning
I'm about to enter 2nd year Physics at KCL. Just a heads up - the first year isn't bad just make sure you keep on top of the work because there's a lot to learn and leaving it all to the last minute like I did is not a good idea lol.

Oh I see, in that case, could you help me out with advising me on which books are well worth the buy? Any you found particularly useful or perhaps books which you would not recommend? thanks :smile:
Original post by zi_zi
YAAAAAASS so excited! do we have a fb page or something- i can't find one :/

I haven't found one :c

Quick Reply

Latest