The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got ACCC which I am really disappointed and shocked with. Do you reckon I still have a chance of being considered with a high UKCAT score..providing I get predicted 3 As? I am going to resit most modules.
At GCSE I got 4A*s 8As and 1B and I have done a week of work experience and will be doing another two weeks this summer followed by a week in a hospital. I have also done some work experience abroad.
Would it be better to take a gap year and apply with my A2 grades? Just really worried because I know 2017 entry is going to be slightly different.
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Hey guys,
So I got BBBC in my AS results ( I know there not ideal :frown: )
B in chemistry, ICT and Maths and the C in Biology
I am 7 ums off an A in Chemistry, 1ums off an A in ICT and 9 ums off a B in Biology ( resitting biology)
(I am dropping maths next year)
I qualify for the access scheme for both newcastle and leeds university which means I could potential get my grades lowered to ABB
If I get predicted AAB in chemistry, ICT and biology do I stand a chance

I am really worried

Hiya, I know about the acccess scheme for leeds but cannot find anything about the newcastle one. Could you send me a link to the page? Thank you!!!
Original post by nimrahrahrah
I got AAA in my AS levels in Maths, Biology and Chemistry and then got an E!!!!! in History!! Do you think I can still get in?! I have no idea how I got an E!! I'm planning on retaking the History exam but am worried that universities will see the E I got for AS and reject me.. ANY ADVICE?

apply to unis that dont need a fourth AS (every uni other than kings manchester plymouth and barts) dont worry you did well and im sure it wont affect your chances
Original post by yasmin#2
apply to unis that dont need a fourth AS (every uni other than kings manchester plymouth and barts) dont worry you did well and im sure it wont affect your chances

I got a d in my 4th as which I'm dropping but I can only apply to kings Plymouth and Bart's so if I retake a module can I say they peduct me a b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Anyone know what Bart's past UKCAT cut offs were? Can't find it anywhere..

Omg wow you are hororbkw I hate you I am way to good do you don't even come near me you have ate more dik then I've had hot dinners and you are gonna fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by secretsuperstar
Hiya, I know about the acccess scheme for leeds but cannot find anything about the newcastle one. Could you send me a link to the page? Thank you!!!

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners//
Reply 67
Hey guys,

so at GCSE I got 4A*'s 5A's 2B's and AAAA in my AS levels. I have the required work experience and more also should be able to sort out a good personal statement. My UKCAT score however is 625, will this be a major problem??? Any suggestions where to apply other than Bristol?

Thanks, much appreciated!
Reply 68
Does anyone know what GCSEs you need for Newcastle? I can't find the info anywhere, I'd really appreciate if someone who knows could let me know :smile:
Original post by ma98
I got ACCC which I am really disappointed and shocked with. Do you reckon I still have a chance of being considered with a high UKCAT score..providing I get predicted 3 As? I am going to resit most modules.
At GCSE I got 4A*s 8As and 1B and I have done a week of work experience and will be doing another two weeks this summer followed by a week in a hospital. I have also done some work experience abroad.
Would it be better to take a gap year and apply with my A2 grades? Just really worried because I know 2017 entry is going to be slightly different.

Hi there,
In what way is the 2017 entry going to be different?
Reply 71
Original post by smiley180
Hi there,
In what way is the 2017 entry going to be different?

The entry requirements will be slightly different because AS grades will be worth 40% and current Y11 will not be sitting AS levels after a year. Universities are yet to publish the entry requirements for 2017 but QMUL ask for AAA/B for 2016 but for 2017 entry will not be asking for the B at AS.
Reply 72
Which unis should you avoid with a UKCAT score of 625?...which unis emphasise on UKCAT mostly?

Thanks.
Original post by GS98
Which unis should you avoid with a UKCAT score of 625?...which unis emphasise on UKCAT mostly?

Thanks.

kings and barts put emphasis on it
i know a girl that got interviews at plymouth leeds and sheffield with 620
but with plymouth they have cut offs so if youre considerably low on one section avoid that too
Would 670 Band 1 be good enough for Kings and Barts?
Original post by GS98
Hey guys,

so at GCSE I got 4A*'s 5A's 2B's and AAAA in my AS levels. I have the required work experience and more also should be able to sort out a good personal statement. My UKCAT score however is 625, will this be a major problem??? Any suggestions where to apply other than Bristol?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Your personal statement is most important at this stage! Get their attention and you get interviews! Best of luck, if you need any advice please don't hesitate.
That depends on your rest of the application
Original post by jamesmckenna564
That depends on rest of your application as well
Original post by jamesmckenna564

for kings last year 690 was a 'competitive score' but that doesnt necessarily mean you wouldnt get in with 670 its a good score
(edited 8 years ago)
kings and barts put emphasis on it
i know a girl that got interviews at plymouth leeds and sheffield with 620
but with plymouth they have cut offs so if youre considerably low on one section avoid that too

Do you happen to know which uni's don't put an emphasis on it? I have a score of 617 and I don't know where to apply with it and whether or not it's a good score. I know Bristol don't use it :smile:
Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest