The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

For GCSEs I got 11A*s and distinction in ICTHave done 4 weeks work experience at orthodontist, maxillofacial unit, gp and private dentist, lots of volunteer workAS- ABBB However got 2360 in UKCAT (was ill on the day and left it too late to get another exam date near me😢) And band 2Is there any chance of me being accepted? I'm applying to Bristol as they don't look at it, but also Sheffield which I heard is quite strict, Liverpool and not sure where else
Original post by cc262626
For GCSEs I got 11A*s and distinction in ICTHave done 4 weeks work experience at orthodontist, maxillofacial unit, gp and private dentist, lots of volunteer workAS- ABBB However got 2360 in UKCAT (was ill on the day and left it too late to get another exam date near me😢) And band 2Is there any chance of me being accepted? I'm applying to Bristol as they don't look at it, but also Sheffield which I heard is quite strict, Liverpool and not sure where else

plymouth have low ukcat section cutoffs so maybe there?
HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING FROM ANY UNIVERSITIES ?!
Sorry for caps haha just getting a bit paranoid.
So many of my friends for other courses have received so many offers whereas I haven't heard one dentist or medic receive anything about an interview? :/
Original post by qtsilver9
So many of my friends for other courses have received so many offers whereas I haven't heard one dentist or medic receive anything about an interview? :/

I know the feeling, when everyone has offers but your still waiting to hear if you've got an interview:s-smilie:
Most universities won't look at your application until after November 4th because thats when the uni's will have everyones UK CAT scores and BMAT for Leeds
Original post by qtsilver9

The UKCAT scores don't even get sent to the unis before the beginning of Novermber, so relax, they can't do anything yet without knowing our scores
Just got an offer from my back up, Newcastle Biomed Msc, so I'm happy :biggrin: I was expecting an unconditional since done my
A-levels, but they gave me a conditional asking me to do the IELTS with 6.5 average?? I have A at English Language and A at English Literature GCSEs and studied here since Year 7, do you guys reckon it's a mistake? I'll have to call to check tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by MAnnaMM
Just got an offer from my back up, Newcastle Biomed Msc, so I'm happy :biggrin: I was expecting an unconditional since done my
A-levels, but they gave me a conditional asking me to do the IELTS with 6.5 average?? I have A at English Language and A at English Literature GCSEs and studied here since Year 7, do you guys reckon it's a mistake? I'll have to call to check tomorrow :s-smilie:

Congratulations! I think so, if you have an A in English Language I don't see why they would make you do another test
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Congratulations! I think so, if you have an A in English Language I don't see why they would make you do another test

Thank you :smile: Yeah, I'll double check with them tomorrow
Hi, my name's Ali and I'm a final year dental student at King's College London. I'm helping run a course that you might want to take a look at if you're applying to study Dentistry: www.dent-gate.co.uk

Dentist for a Day is a one day course for year 10 to 13 students that covers a huge amount of information from core dental science, what to expect from dentistry at uni and an overview of dentistry as a career. We've also included advanced practical sessions focused on developing manual dexterity and a comprehensive workshop on the admissions process. Last year's cohort found the practical sessions and admissions workshops very useful and we received excellent reviews for the course as a whole.

For more information have a look at the flyer I've attached and visit the website.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible.
Does anyone know which university accepts a Dentistry personal statement for their Pharmacy course? I'm still unsure of my 5th choice and really worried I'll apply to the "wrong uni". I heard some would ask you to write another personal statement for pharmacy...

Quick Reply

Latest