The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Freshers 2015

Big congratulations if you're coming to Uni of Edinburgh this year!!

This thread is the best place for you all to start meeting and chatting with one another before you all begin your incredible uni years!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'll get this thread started then.. I'm Chloe and I'll be studying at ECA. What events are everyone thinking of going to? I'm kind of anxious about buying any tickets because I don't know anyone yet and frankly the thought of going into a club where I don't know anyone gives me a stomach ache lol.

Congrats to getting in!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Ahh I'm starting in September as well! I'm really bricking it about freshers week! I'll be staying in Glasgow so I'm gonna be missing out on sooo much...
Reply 3
I know this is off topic, but is anyone else having trouble downloading Microsoft 2016 for free via Office 365? Cheers
Original post by chloetheunicorn
Hello, I'll get this thread started then.. I'm Chloe and I'll be studying at ECA. What events are everyone thinking of going to? I'm kind of anxious about buying any tickets because I don't know anyone yet and frankly the thought of going into a club where I don't know anyone gives me a stomach ache lol.

Congrats to getting in!

The superhero party and freshers ball seem interesting,but idk if they'll be really cheesy (which is what a friend of mine said about some freshers events). Feeling the same about getting tickets without knowing anyone...
Reply 5
I'm Jonathan and im starting in September,
I'm really not sure what i should do..i do have one friend going to edinburgh too but i dont really know whats going to be on..

Incidentally, anyone else staying in or around hermit's croft?
Reply 6
Original post by vincentvancough
The superhero party and freshers ball seem interesting,but idk if they'll be really cheesy (which is what a friend of mine said about some freshers events). Feeling the same about getting tickets without knowing anyone...

where do you guys find this stuff, I can only find coffee crawls and student mass, the only interesting thing i've found is a FIFA 15 night!
Reply 7
Hi, I'm Jamie and I'll be studying Physics.

Anyone else staying at home? I was planning on going to the events for commuters but it would be nice to know some people before then haha
Original post by BPOM
where do you guys find this stuff, I can only find coffee crawls and student mass, the only interesting thing i've found is a FIFA 15 night!

http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/whatson/category/freshers/
Reply 9
Original post by BPOM

This website seems to have everything on it-https://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/whatson/category/clubnight/
Original post by ElsAnna
Hi, I'm Jamie and I'll be studying Physics.

Anyone else staying at home? I was planning on going to the events for commuters but it would be nice to know some people before then haha

I'm staying at home! Was thinking of going to them as well but I feel like they'll be really sad or something ahah
Reply 11
has anyone been offered accommodation following your results?
Reply 12
also, anyone know whether we join sports teams/societies during freshers week and purchase the universities sports pass? Im so woefully unprepared.......
Anyone planning on going to Moving In, Icebreaker or The Zoo? Apparently those are the best events
Reply 14
Anyone planning on going to Moving In, Icebreaker or The Zoo? Apparently those are the best events

where have you found this stuff? I've used the above link, but i haven't seen zoo icebreaker or moving in!!
Original post by BPOM
where have you found this stuff? I've used the above link, but i haven't seen zoo icebreaker or moving in!!

Lol , there's a facebook group for edinburgh freshers and someone mentioned it there; it's not run by the EUSA so you won't find it there. I also tried googling other events.

you found anything interesting on the EUSA site?
Reply 16
Lol , there's a facebook group for edinburgh freshers and someone mentioned it there; it's not run by the EUSA so you won't find it there. I also tried googling other events.

you found anything interesting on the EUSA site?

FIFA 15, Superhero party (mentioned above) and headphone disco thing
also student mass if your into that...
anyway cheers

I don't know if they're really the best events. They're the ones outside the University that people are getting paid to promote on the FB page haha. They're probably the same as the club nights run by the Uni. I could be wrong though, the tickets are a bit cheaper than paying on the door at EUSA events.

Is anyone getting a wristband? Most of the EUSA events in the day seem to be free.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey,
Could someone please fill me in on the most popular events for freshers week 2015?
Thanks
Original post by Shannongreen
Hey,
Could someone please fill me in on the most popular events for freshers week 2015?
Thanks

I think the Zoo is one of the more popular places to visit, but there are also coffee and pub crawls, (some societies like gamesoc will host their own pub crawls). If you've never been before, Edinburgh dungeons are decent, but without the wristband they are quite expensive. The castle is interesting if you're in to that sort of thing, and there are plenty of museums and cafés to check out. If you have a sweet tooth, i recommend checking out Bibi's Bakery on hanover street or The Fudge Kitchen on the Royal mile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending