The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flamboy
do you have muslim relatives/parents?

why do they make you speak arabic? what's the point? it's the same for judaism - what's the point of learning hebrew? do all christians in the world have to learn latin any more? no, so why those other two religions with foreign languages? it makes no sense - if things get "lost in translation" then surely, seeing as you can only understand arabic words from their english word translations, you will still only understand arabic through english references.

1. Nope 0 muslims in my family. Maybe bloodline from 300 years ago or something, but not that i'm aware of.

2. I can't really explain it other that what I've already said :biggrin:
As a bilingual person that's all I can think to say :z
Original post by ItaSpicyMeatabol
Lol, good choice, I thought I'd throw in a random Q for you to A because everybody else was probably asking about the same stuff :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeap it's cool!
Made my day tbh :biggrin:
Reply 42
Congratulations, wish you all the best ☺️
Reply 43
Original post by cuppacoffee
Also many things made me convert. I just agreed with so much of it.
I had confirmed to myself already I couldn't imagine no God existed. It just had to be true.

I also had a few Muslim friends who would teach me about their religion if I asked them anything. I.e. what is Eid al Adha, what is ramadan etc.
I was touched by how beautiful and humble the teachings were :smile:

In addition to this, my dad always told me to stay away from muslims, he would tell me they would hurt me and their religion was horiffic etc (everything hateful/islamophobic you can imagine).
I searched up any info he gave me, only to find out he was lying.
(this was from the age of 10 up until now, I'm 19 now).

Exceptionally flawed thinking, I'm sorry. Why in your mind can only one God exist? Why not 10? 20? 100? Why is there only 1 God?

Why not a Goddess?

Why couldn't you imagine no God at all?
Don't worry, I prefer to stick to mufti menk, Omar Suleiman, Nouman Ali khan etc.

He's talking rubbish.

Those people you mention are good. Mufti Menk lectures really helped one of my best mates get his life back on track. That guy sure makes a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you feel wearing a hijab? do people treat you differently? :smile: x
assalaamu alaikum. I think its really interesting that u have an Arab-Christian background. Were you influenced by the Muslims of ur fathers country?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Seeing people do this and was just super curious to see how it would go :smile:
Sounds like fun, Please don't be rude or anything though! :biggrin:

What school of law do you follow? Hanafi, Shafi, Hanbali or Maliki?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you agree with Sharia law?]

The killings of homosexuals?
Aren't you worried about converting to a religion that doesn't allow you to leave if you change your mind?

I was raised Christian but now I am an atheist, I am glad I had the choice to leave when I was old enough to decide for myself.

Will you raise your children Muslim or will you allow them to choose for themselves when they are old enough?
Liberal muslim or conservative?
Seeing people do this and was just super curious to see how it would go :smile:
Sounds like fun, Please don't be rude or anything though! :biggrin:

Firstly

Spoiler

Here is a link to the Islamic-Society thread on TSR, in case you didn't know about it:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3340279

My questions are as follows:

- For how long have you now been a Muslim?
- Which is your favourite Surah and why?
What were you before you converted ?
Original post by eoe
It really depresses me that your Dad is islamophobic.
Lebanon is such a tolerant and beautiful country which enjoys its religious diversity.
Christians and Muslims live side by side in Lebanon.

Isn't Lebanon a bit like Morocco? There, Jews and Muslims live alongside each other with harmony. I read a report that said that many Moroccon muslims where sad that the Jews left to Israel Here Dad should normally very tolerant :frown:
This is a serious question, one that needs your attention and co-operation....here goes....what's your favourite pizza topping?...phew...glad I got that off my chest :P Also, I wish you the best with your journey into Islam! If you have any questions regarding anything, holla! :biggrin:
Reply 56
What did you convert from? Or were you an athiest?
Reply 57
Original post by eoe
It really depresses me that your Dad is islamophobic.
Lebanon is such a tolerant and beautiful country which enjoys its religious diversity.
Christians and Muslims live side by side in Lebanon.

:rofl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Civil_War
I don't like to call him bf :biggrin:.

Tbh we were good friends before I became Muslim, but then he confessed to me that he really liked me and after I converted. I told him I really liked him too and we decided to stay reserved for one another! His parents are okay with it and my mum etc are fine with it! We hope to get married next year! :biggrin:

He is Muslim yeap!

Im so happy for u! :biggrin:
Thats great i just read a few of ur posts on the first page lol instead of asking the same questions! :tongue:

So adorable!
And welcome to Islam! :biggrin:
Original post by eoe
Do you wear the Hijab?

What characteristics should your future husband embed?

He should try as hard as possible to pray 5 times a day!
He should try hard to understand me XD
He should bring me chicken soup when I'm ill and a bowl of fruit! - and lots of water. (when I'm ill)
He should want kids before he's 30
um.
He should be family orientated. And he should be constantly be trying to learn more each day about his religion, and willing to teach our kids! :biggrin:
He should be hardworking.
Hmm just a few things really. :smile:

Latest