The Student Room Group

retakes

Hi,

Thinking of getting remarks on OCR Ethics paper, only 1 ums off an A, how likely is it to go up?

Also, 4 ums off an A in unit 1 for English Lit, but got an A overall, should I get that one remarked? I want to do English at uni so thought 2 A's might look better?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by saspho
Thinking of getting remarks on OCR Ethics paper, only 1 ums off an A, how likely is it to go up?

I'd say about 1 in 5 re-marks changes, but not always upwards.

Original post by saspho
Also, 4 ums off an A in unit 1 for English Lit, but got an A overall, should I get that one remarked? I want to do English at uni so thought 2 A's might look better?

I wouldn't bother, but definitely don't if you are close to the A/B grade boundary overall (160) as you don't want to drop a grade overall.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saspho
Hi,

None of us can really give a definitive answer as to whether or not your grade will increase but in general, subjects in which the marking is more subjective (like Ethics) are more likely to have marks change than in subjects where a strict markscheme is followed. It's unlikely that your mark will go down so if you want to go for it, go for it. Just bear in mind though that if your grade doesn't change, you won't get your money refunded for requesting a remark.

Again, English is more of a subjective subject so it's more likely for marks to change in English. It's obviously not as close to the next boundary as Ethics is though so it may be a bit more unlikely for your grade to go up. You could consider requesting to see a copy of your script and then going through that with your teacher to see if they think your mark can go up. :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks,

have 166 for English and 159 for philosophy and ethics

any more advice?

Quick Reply

Latest