Reply 40
yeah true.

My friend is doing accounting and finance in hert

Another is doing business studies :smile: :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I'm a wee fresher at the moment, so two more after this first year - no placement or anything in my course.
Dokta
General Uni life is what you make of it, if ya wanna sti in your room and study all the time

thats me lol i love to study :smile: cant beat it, cheers for ur advice

QUOTE]
ddchunlap
yeah true.

My friend is doing accounting and finance in hert

Another is doing business studies :smile: :smile:

sounds cool.

lmao my mates all gone to diff unis haha lol. whereabouts u from?
Reply 44
I do what i can :wink:

Shame about your hometowns name though...
Reply 45
I live in kent. It takes me like 1hr to get to the uni from my house. I suppose its reasonable, but im still moving out.

What about you??
DanGrover
I'm a wee fresher at the moment, so two more after this first year - no placement or anything in my course.

cool sounds good. i dunno if this applies to all courses but is their an exam at the end of EVERY year?
thats not too bad, still a bit of hassle tho lol, 1 hr commute.

I live south norfolk so i got about 2 possibly 2 1/2 hours journey but im going also to move out i really cant be bothered to commute.

have u been sent any of the forms or anything like accomodation fee info etc?
Reply 48
nooo. I always wanted to ask people that??

I have comfirmed my firm choice at hert and i still havent recieved anything from that uni.

Have you recieved any forms?? or info?
Reply 49
evil-presence
cool sounds good. i dunno if this applies to all courses but is their an exam at the end of EVERY year?

I think most courses have exams when you return from the christmas break, and at the end of semester B... so two lots for you to look forward to :wink:
Reply 50
evil-presence
have u been sent any of the forms or anything like accomodation fee info etc?

Can't remember exactly when but i think the forms for accom are sent out sometime around may :confused:
ddchunlap
nooo. I always wanted to ask people that??

I have comfirmed my firm choice at hert and i still havent recieved anything from that uni.

Have you recieved any forms?? or info?

Nah i havent heard from them either, im glad im not the only one lol. but the deadline for accepting offers aint for a while yet so we might be in for a long wait.
Move into halls. Seriously, don't stay at home. Even if you live round the corner. It's so much better.

Typically you'll have exams at the end of every semester - ie, in Jan and in June. However, some modules don't do tests (some do coursework). My course, for example, has no exams over the whole 3 years.
Dokta
Can't remember exactly when but i think the forms for accom are sent out sometime around may :confused:

cheers, thats a relief, u staying at the de havilland campus?
They won't send you accomodation details till after deadline, and even when you apply, they won't sent you confirmation or anything till after A-Level results day. I think that's how it was, anyway.
Reply 55
Say dan, whatever happened to that famous bloke who was supposed to be opening something or other? tim burton wasn't it?
Reply 56
evil-presence
cheers, thats a relief, u staying at the de havilland campus?

Hell no, i live where everyone should, FERN!!
DanGrover
Typically you'll have exams at the end of every semester - ie, in Jan and in June. However, some modules don't do tests (some do coursework). My course, for example, has no exams over the whole 3 years.

that is cool, id much rather do all coursework than exams thats y i do a BTEC. which course are u doing?
Dokta
Say dan, whatever happened to that famous bloke who was supposed to be opening something or other? tim burton wasn't it?

Apparently "our people" are still talking to "his people" and it's all very confusing. There's still no definate answer eitherway, but that was the status as of a few weeks ago.
evil-presence
that is cool, id much rather do all coursework than exams thats y i do a BTEC. which course are u doing?

Digital Animation. I literally don't know any other courses with no exams. The thing with our course is that there is really nothing to be examined on - coursework is set out like in the real world (in theory); we get briefs, explaining what the "client" wants, when they want it by and what we can use etc, as well as any limitations we might have. Atm, for example, I am visualising (ie making in 3d then rendering) the Great Court in London's British Museum. Went up there a week or two ago taking a ton of photos and stuff.

Latest

Trending

Trending