The Student Room Group

Really bad results! EUUU

Sorry for the length
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi, I got 3U's and an E and I am in a similar situation as you. I am planning to retake but I don't know if my school will allow me to retake the same subjects.
Original post by thuvcasio
I'm Feeling totally crap, reading all of the other people status on Facebook and i am here with these atrocious grades.
I admit i haven't put the effort in as i got good grades in my mock and know i know where i went wrong. I lost motivation throughout the end due to family troubles and stuff.
I did maths, chemistry, physics and biology.

Should i take the whole of as again and will my college kick me out??
I am freaking out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw i got 2A*,6a,1B,1C at GCSE.

Also how should i go about telling my parents they had really high hopes for me and i know it wont go well.

Sorry for the length

Resit the AS modules you did the worst in and put in lots of effort for A2.
You could apply to do those AS resits as a private student Many colleges offer one tear intensice courses for full alevels.
How ,with all this work you have to do next year,there is a good chance youll burn out.
Original post by harryhinton68
hi, I got 3U's and an E and I am in a similar situation as you. I am planning to retake but I don't know if my school will allow me to retake the same subjects.

Do you know any people that have retaken and gone to good university?
Original post by Kadak
Resit the AS modules you did the worst in and put in lots of effort for A2.
You could apply to do those AS resits as a private student Many colleges offer one tear intensice courses for full alevels.
How ,with all this work you have to do next year,there is a good chance youll burn out.

Thanks so much for the advise
Reply 5
Tbh no one cares about GCSES as long as u have C in eng and maths who gives a f

Resit the whole year
I was in the same situation a couple years ago, just resit, it's only a year and it all goes so fast anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I would resit the whole year. Sorry OP. :colondollar:
You need to hone in on how to improve those grades.
Doing potentially more than 12 A-level exams in an exam season is really difficult.
(edited 8 years ago)
You should retake the whole year, and perhaps pick different subjects. Maybe try more essay based subjects if you're good at writing? Don't lose hope.

I know some people who have done resits but their a level results were not as bad. Are you going to stick with the same subjects?
I got 4 Us, now I want to do a Btech in Engineering before applying for applying for apprenticeships in aerospace. Basically our options are retake or apprenticeship, you have to be stoic and accept the situation even if it is ****ed up to the roof
I'm Feeling totally crap, reading all of the other people status on Facebook and i am here with these atrocious grades.
I admit i haven't put the effort in as i got good grades in my mock and know i know where i went wrong. I lost motivation throughout the end due to family troubles and stuff.
I did maths, chemistry, physics and biology.

Should i take the whole of as again and will my college kick me out??
I am freaking out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw i got 2A*,6a,1B,1C at GCSE.

Also how should i go about telling my parents they had really high hopes for me and i know it wont go well.

Sorry for the length

Oh dear, that's not good, don't be sorry for the length, you have some guts going for arguably the four most difficult AS's, lots to remember and stuff. If it helps, I got the same in my first try, now not to scare you, but my maths tutor wouldn't let me retake, he did eventually when the assistant principal got involved. I retook 2 out 4 AS's since I already had three C's equivalent with my BTEC ND the previous college. I aced the homework this time around and still stuffed the exams up at the end so eh I'd try to contact your college and speak to someone about retaking, it's worth a shot.

In regards to my first year, ICT was a total disaster, after Christmas we had no teacher, she ran off or quit or sacked, one of the two so we were pondering for the rest of the year and unsurprisingly everyone got U's.

It's a horrible feeling I know, but if you believe that you can do better by retaking then re-take, no shame in doing so, I did and I'm glad I did too. I hate exams you need to be on the ball for that hour and a half or in Chemistry an hour and 45 minutes for one of them ugh the flashbacks are coming now.

Hold your chin up, it'll come good I'm sure.
Redo the year.

Hello, I am that person. In the first year of 6th form my grades spelt DUDE.

I told my school that I didn't realise how hard the 'step up' really was between GCSE and A-levels and so I didn't think that I would need to study very hard because I didn't need to try so hard for GCSE.

I got chance to restart the year and ended up at a Russel Group University. I graduated July of this year with a degree in Chemistry.

You guys will be fine!!

If it helps, move to another 6th form in your area for a new environment.
Original post by Spacecupcake
Hello, I am that person. In the first year of 6th form my grades spelt DUDE.

I told my school that I didn't realise how hard the 'step up' really was between GCSE and A-levels and so I didn't think that I would need to study very hard because I didn't need to try so hard for GCSE.

I got chance to restart the year and ended up at a Russel Group University. I graduated July of this year with a degree in Chemistry.

You guys will be fine!!

If it helps, move to another 6th form in your area for a new environment.

Hmm should've done that the second time trying for AS, oh well I can't change that now. Yeah everything should be fine as long as if your grades aren't good, retake, if they're good, you're good to go to A2. However, I'm pondering whether a foundation year is the best way to go so perhaps I'll migrate to another thread and look for an answer there.

Hope I was of help.
Original post by tdmbf4
Tbh no one cares about GCSES as long as u have C in eng and maths who gives a f

Resit the whole year

Original post by JellyCat99
I was in the same situation a couple years ago, just resit, it's only a year and it all goes so fast anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by senz72
I would resit the whole year. Sorry OP. :colondollar:
You need to hone in on how to improve those grades.
Doing potentially more than 12 A-level exams in an exam season is really difficult.

Original post by Flint_sky7
You should retake the whole year, and perhaps pick different subjects. Maybe try more essay based subjects if you're good at writing? Don't lose hope.

Original post by harryhinton68
I know some people who have done resits but their a level results were not as bad. Are you going to stick with the same subjects?

Original post by HornDirndlFest
I got 4 Us, now I want to do a Btech in Engineering before applying for applying for apprenticeships in aerospace. Basically our options are retake or apprenticeship, you have to be stoic and accept the situation even if it is ****ed up to the roof

Original post by annoyedstudent
Oh dear, that's not good, don't be sorry for the length, you have some guts going for arguably the four most difficult AS's, lots to remember and stuff. If it helps, I got the same in my first try, now not to scare you, but my maths tutor wouldn't let me retake, he did eventually when the assistant principal got involved. I retook 2 out 4 AS's since I already had three C's equivalent with my BTEC ND the previous college. I aced the homework this time around and still stuffed the exams up at the end so eh I'd try to contact your college and speak to someone about retaking, it's worth a shot.

In regards to my first year, ICT was a total disaster, after Christmas we had no teacher, she ran off or quit or sacked, one of the two so we were pondering for the rest of the year and unsurprisingly everyone got U's.

It's a horrible feeling I know, but if you believe that you can do better by retaking then re-take, no shame in doing so, I did and I'm glad I did too. I hate exams you need to be on the ball for that hour and a half or in Chemistry an hour and 45 minutes for one of them ugh the flashbacks are coming now.

Hold your chin up, it'll come good I'm sure.

Thank you guys so much for the replies, you have no idea how much it helped.
Just one more question how did you parents handle it when you told them. Mine have very high expectations and this would disappoint them as.
My parents were shocked because I was predicted higher grades. However their quite supportive and want me to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Redo the year or do something vocational like plumbing, hairdressing, catering etc., because there are loads of opportunities, you can make a decent living, and have a successful career.
Hello. I want to do medicine but I got A in italian the 3D's in AS Biology Chemistry and Maths.im confused on what to do. what do u guys advice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Thank you guys so much for the replies, you have no idea how much it helped.
Just one more question how did you parents handle it when you told them. Mine have very high expectations and this would disappoint them as.

Honestly, don't listen to any negative criticism.
Clean slate next year.

I got ABB two years ago, let's just say my parents are still disappointed. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending