The Student Room Group

What do I do?

Okay so I got my AS results today, really happy with them, but I was planning on taking Maths, French and Classical Civilisations to A2.

My grades:
Classics - B - 152/200 UMS
Physics - A - 258/300 UMS
French - A - 169/200 UMS
Maths - A - 291/300 UMS
Further Maths - A - 245/300 UMS

My problem is that I wanted to do a Classics and French degree at uni and i've been told that my B wouldn't reflect that well. I got 69/100 UMS (C) and 85/100 UMS in the 2 paper and the exam I got the C in, most people in my class of 7 did too...

I don't know whether I should get a remark at £38 in which i'd need 4 marks in order to get the A, and whether that's worth risking. Otherwise I will just have to resit.

That said, my mother has asked me why I don't consider doing Maths and French at uni, which is something I wouldn't mind. Even though I adore Classics, having based my EPQ around it with French and going on a summer school, they feel it's something I can interest myself with in my free time and Maths would be a better use of a 3/4 year degree. If I decided on this, i'd take F.Maths instead of Classics and possibly resit Mechanics 2 which I got 63/100 UMS (C) in to bump that grade up

I'm really confused at the moment, could anyone help!?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest