The Student Room Group

Big dilemma regarding clearing

So looks like i messed up and didnt get firm or insurance.what shocked me is that my econ4 aqa and ocr ict g063 is super terrible. I am getting a priority remark for both.

My total aqa economics adv is (299 mark eqv) which is a B. I want an A.

My ocr ict is (251 mark eqv) which is a C. Iwant a B.

My firm is Southampton university and they now want BBB through clearing or they said ABC would do too. Apparently it takes 2 weeks for the remarks to get in. So it meantime would it be OK to call Keele university to all for a place since i can get in with my current grades. I font mind to much about going there. But the big problem is that apparently if i decide to decline my agreed offer with Keele and try to go with a better university with my remarked grades, they might not release me back into clearing because it is at their discretion to do so.

What should i do? And also where do i collect my remarked results and how will i know they have arrived? Do i need to check my exam office everyday at sixth form?
Original post by KnoVolt
So looks like i messed up and didnt get firm or insurance.what shocked me is that my econ4 aqa and ocr ict g063 is super terrible. I am getting a priority remark for both.

My firm is Southampton university and they now want BBB through clearing or they said ABC would do too. Apparently it takes 2 weeks for the remarks to get in. So it meantime would it be OK to call Keele university to all for a place since i can get in with my current grades. I font mind to much about going there. But the big problem is that apparently if i decide to decline my agreed offer with Keele and try to go with a better university with my remarked grades, they might not release me back into clearing because it is at their discretion to do so.

What should i do? And also where do i collect my remarked results and how will i know they have arrived? Do i need to check my exam office everyday at sixth form?

You can definitely call keele up:smile: Your clearing choice is supposed to be final but you can be released from it would take time for the uni to do it and in the two weeks you wait for your remark its likely your firm/insurance would be full.
So i would say that you need to decide if you ll definitely be happy at keele if not then you d have to wait for your remark and hope you get the grades but by this point there wouldnt be many/if any clearing places left if you did wait.
Original post by KnoVolt

School will let you know when they arrive.
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
School will let you know when they arrive.

How? By a phone call? Or usually through school provided email?
Original post by KnoVolt
How? By a phone call? Or usually through school provided email?

I guess they would phone but you'll need to check with them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending