The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Advice and views

My brother got his results today and they were not what he wanted, D-Geography D-Biology
E-Maths, he wanted. Coventry Uni but they withdrew his Economics offer and offered Financial Services BA, but this is at the college, he really wants a full uni experience will this course give the full university experience and is this good degree?
Reply 1
Original post by Bagpuss140
My brother got his results today and they were not what he wanted, D-Geography D-Biology
E-Maths, he wanted. Coventry Uni but they withdrew his Economics offer and offered Financial Services BA, but this is at the college, he really wants a full uni experience will this course give the full university experience and is this good degree?

Hey Bagpuss140,
I'm at Coventry University, but I am friends with a lot of people at Coventry University College. 2 of my housemates go there, and I wouldn't say its impacted their uni experience at all. They love it, the class sizes are smaller, but they have still made lots of friends. You are still part of Coventry University Students' Union as a CUC student, and you will still get involved in all our freshers events, sports teams and societies. My housemate also originally applied to the main university, but he says getting into the college was the best thing that could've happened for him, he much prefers the smaller class sizes and bitesized learning they offer, as it suits his learning style better. I hope this helps.
- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Bagpuss140

Hi there!

The differences between studying at the university and the college is library and Hub access (CUC have their own library you would use), and you potentially have to pay for your own books.

I am working at the college for clearing so I recommend calling through to us to see if you can change your course to something more suitable and which leads onto studying at the university after a year or so. Please ring us on 0276 659 659 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest