The Student Room Group

OCR Biology AS Unit F213: Practical Skills Re-sit. Any Advice?

So today I received my A-level results, and I ended up getting an E in Biology at AS, much to my dismay. When I took a closer look my grades in my individual units however, I saw that I performed reasonably well in the F211 and F212, earning a C and D, respectively. But next to my F213: Practical Skills module, I had amassed myself a rather embarrassing U. It was then I remembered that I had actually fallen ill over the the days were doing F213, having only completed a small part of my work, explaining my U grade.

But I'm writing to reach out to anybody who is wiser on this subject than I am. It may well indeed be a silly question, but I was wondering what are the different types of potential F213 controlled assessment types there are. For example, this years assessment was related to Biodiversity, involving us going outside to look for plant species, which was the only bit of work I managed to do before I fell ill, and frankly, I did not enjoy it. I was hoping for an assessment relating to colorimetry, but I'm not sure if those types of experiments would be used as apart of F213.

Can anybody clue me in if colorimetry would be a potential F213 assessment? It would make it easier to look forward to resitting it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending