The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Half an hour tops. Really easy as well. Go up the stairs from the station turn left, walk along same road until you see a WH Smith almost directly opposite you. Turn right down Beeston high street, keep walking until you get to a big roundabout. Go over on the pedestrian crossing, straight ahead through the university west enterance, follow the road until you get to the history building (just after the road bends left it is immediately on your left)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
What about to the law and social sciences building?
Reply 3
if u get private hire taxi it will cost you around 3/4 pound doesnt that sound easier ? would you like some numbers hehe
Reply 4
Please :smile:
history dept is closest as its right next to the west entrance..25min walk maybe.
Reply 6
I need to go to the Social Science/Law building first though :smile:
Reply 7
It takes about 20-30min to get from Beeston centre to get back onto campus, depending on your speed. That's around the time it used to take me to get from Beeston centre to Derby Hall (one of the halls of residence). From Beeston Centre, it's a straight road - all the way to Broadgate, where you'll see West Entrance across the road.

Now, a little "landmark" lol you wanna look out for is either the Trent Building, or better, the Portland Building. Trent and Portland are right next to each other so you can't miss it and Trent is the one with the clock tower. Law and Social Sciences is basically directly opposite Portland Building. There's also a map of campus by where Portland is, so just consult the map, or ask a student :smile:

Now how to get to Portland/Trent... If you follow through West Entrance (another 5min walk or so is the History dept there) - you can see a little road leading in as opposed to following the bend of the road. Go in there - and you'll see a lawn of sorts and beyond that, Trent Building, with the clock tower. Go towards that and through (don't go inside the actual building) - but just go through it - there're two arches - through there and you'll then see a huge cream-type-colour building, which is Portland. Enter Portland and up the stairs, just the one flight - and you'll see revolving doors that lead outside again. Go out through there, turn left and up the hill. You'll then see more buildings before you and the one you should see directly in front will be Hallward Library. Next to Hallward on the left, is Law and Social Sciences :smile:

Now I haven't been pass Law and Social Sciences in a whole year... so if I've made a mistake somewhere, someone correct me! :biggrin:

Out of interest, what subject is this for? :smile:

01159 505050 - Trent Taxis, I've never rung them before but my housemate always uses this one cus it's the cheapest :smile: Cost her just under a fiver to get from near town to campus, when other cabs are usually about £6 I think. Don't remember now.

01159 501501 - regular cab, average price usually.
Reply 8
From the West Entrance to LASS, you'd be better off walking up cut-through lane - LASS is number 9 on this map.
LASS is smack in the middle of campus... because it's the most important.
Reply 10
lol to lewish use taxi number 01159229229 cable cars there the cheapest .. :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks - it's for History. I might just get a taxi, it would be easier - I get lost so easily!
Reply 12
If you don't mind the £3/4 then a taxi is easier. I'm doing History and German joint honours at the moment and it's great - as you will see when you come to visit tomorrow! History building itself is fairly small and 'cosy' and in the first year a lot of your lectures will be in lecture theatres elsewhere on campus (maybe the Pope building or Maths and Physics) so you may want to take a look around campus generally if you have time - it's a beautiful campus and I'm sure you'll fall in love with it!
Safe travelling for tomorrow!
since this seems to be the "directions" thread...is "Broadmarsh bus station" clearly labelled (as in directions to it) from the train station? i know it says 250 metres..but i assume there is a sign showing where to go :p:

btw..after i take one of the Rainbow buses (5a, 5, 5b, 18, 32 etc) will it be obvious where to get off? (this is for N + W and E, S and W entrances).

btw which entrance do i need to go to for the Sir Clive Granger Building ? thanks :p:
Reply 14
abrp
since this seems to be the "directions" thread...is "Broadmarsh bus station" clearly labelled (as in directions to it) from the train station? i know it says 250 metres..but i assume there is a sign showing where to go :p:

btw..after i take one of the Rainbow buses (5a, 5, 5b, 18, 32 etc) will it be obvious where to get off? (this is for N + W and E, S and W entrances).

btw which entrance do i need to go to for the Sir Clive Granger Building ? thanks :p:

Left out the train station, follow the road across the canal bridge, then cross the pedestrian crossing, and you literally can't miss it. It's the big building with all the buses!
I recommend taking the Rainbow 5, and the bus will announce in an automated voice what the next stop is. South Entrance is probably the best bet for the Clive Granger building - once you get off you'll need to cross University Boulevard (the big road the bus was on) and then walk up the road from the south entrance. You'll go past the lakeside centre, past the gatehouse (don't worry, pedestrians don't need to call in there) and the road will curve round to the left. Walk up the hill toward Portland and Trent, going past the bus shelter, but then take the road on the right just at the side of the Portland Building (it's quite a steep hill). At the top of the hill, you will be opposite the Clive Granger building. The entrance is on the left hand side of the building from this perpective. Enjoy!
philjw
Left out the train station, follow the road across the canal bridge, then cross the pedestrian crossing, and you literally can't miss it. It's the big building with all the buses!
I recommend taking the Rainbow 5, and the bus will announce in an automated voice what the next stop is. South Entrance is probably the best bet for the Clive Granger building - once you get off you'll need to cross University Boulevard (the big road the bus was on) and then walk up the road from the south entrance. You'll go past the lakeside centre, past the gatehouse (don't worry, pedestrians don't need to call in there) and the road will curve round to the left. Walk up the hill toward Portland and Trent, going past the bus shelter, but then take the road on the right just at the side of the Portland Building (it's quite a steep hill). At the top of the hill, you will be opposite the Clive Granger building. The entrance is on the left hand side of the building from this perpective. Enjoy!

wow!

gonna have to right that up tomorrow so i dont forget!

thanks!

(i assume ppl will point the way if im stuck :biggrin:)
Reply 16
philjw

Err... make sure you turn right! Left goes off into god knows where - Broadmarsh is on the right!
Left takes you to hooters, if my geography serves.
left it is then :cool:
Reply 19
abrp
left it is then :cool:

Noo Go RIGHT !!

Latest

Trending

Trending