Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dhanihk
1. English Literature, English Language, Media Studies and I'm taking up EPQ
2. A*AB is it realistically, but I'd hope for A*A*A* :colondollar:
3. I have no idea. I'm having such a panic about deciding courses and unis :/
4. A storyteller of some kind
5. Depends if I got into my chosen unis or not
6. Uhh. I like writing screenplays?

What courses/unis are you thinking of? Those predicted grades are great! I assume something English related? :smile:
Original post by Aph
@smozsolution you can create your exam timetable via the links in the last expand tag:smile:

Thank you! Hopefully my timetable isn't too brutal :')
Original post by antigone-
What courses/unis are you thinking of? Those predicted grades are great! I assume something English related? :smile:

Thanks :smile: well originally I was looking into Games Design but I've gone off that completely aha. Now I'm looking into Creative Writing and Photography, but I'm really struggling to decide one or the other. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any joint courses.. :s
Just looked at the aqa exam timetable and I have a clash! Good one aqa

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Dhanihk
Thanks :smile: well originally I was looking into Games Design but I've gone off that completely aha. Now I'm looking into Creative Writing and Photography, but I'm really struggling to decide one or the other. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any joint courses.. :s

In terms of employability you'd probably be better off applying for Literature or an English degree that's less specific, but I guess it depends on what you want to do after. You appear to have quite wide interests haha, best of luck! :smile:
Original post by antigone-
In terms of employability you'd probably be better off applying for Literature or an English degree that's less specific, but I guess it depends on what you want to do after. You appear to have quite wide interests haha, best of luck! :smile:

Thank you! Honestly, Literature is okay but I know I wouldn't enjoy it too much as a degree, whereas Creative Writing seems to have the components of Literature I enjoy but is heavily practical, which I think I need.

Good luck with whatever you're planning to do, too! :smile:
Original post by Mr...
It's more than that :colonhash:
OK Just some people baking. You cant argue with that
Original post by Mr...
Oh I think I can.
Okay then how is football more than people just kicking a ball?

Head the ball
Save the ball
Mark people ... The list goes on.
Original post by Mr...
Craft the bread, cake, bread etc.
Work the dough
Finish in time
Make sure it looks good… The list goes on.

All part of baking though.
I'm supporting my views on GBBO here :ahee:
Original post by Mr...
And all of the stuff you mentioned is all part of football too. Your argument is flawed.

Not true my argument is bake off is just people baking, yours was football is just kicking the ball. Mine were parts of football not of kicking the ball.
Reply 391
Original post by Gingerbread101
Personally, I've been reading some law books, keeping up to date with newspapers, visited the court, met up with a former public-defender for discussions, been to a debating group, volunteering and doing speeches :smile: I'm also head of school council and head girl, and an ambassador for some charities.

I've not managed to get any work experience, but work experience in the courts or a solicitor's firm is good :smile:

Wow you have done a lot! Its gonna look so good on your personal statement:u:
Are you applying to any uni tat require you to take the LNATs and if so how are you preparing for it? Also, going to courts, did that require any processes like applying and stuff?:smile:
Reply 392
Original post by sisi98
Wow you have done a lot! Its gonna look so good on your personal statement:u:
Are you applying to any uni tat require you to take the LNATs and if so how are you preparing for it? Also, going to courts, did that require any processes like applying and stuff?:smile:

I can answer the bold. Anyone can go into courts to watch public trials. You just have to go to your local courts and make sure that you don't disrupt the trial.
Hi ppl, how are you supposed to know what uni is good/best for each subject?
Reply 394
Original post by Moral010
Hi ppl, how are you supposed to know what uni is good/best for each subject?

Do you mean league tables? If so I wouldn't Pay them much attention. The best thing you can do is go there and see if you feel comfortable, a university could be best in the world but if you don't like it you won't do well. Also look at the websites to get a good idea of what you would be studying. Again there is a lot of variation in the different modules on offer and you are better off doing things that interest you.

Also I would recommend looking at which university as well as UCAS because you can get more information about how you will study and how you would be examined (this can also be found on KIS but it looks nicer on which) because again if you are really good at coursework and the uni does all written examinations then you won't do as well
Original post by United1892
Not true my argument is bake off is just people baking, yours was football is just kicking the ball. Mine were parts of football not of kicking the ball.

Original post by Mr...
I never said football was just kicking a ball, I just wanted to know how it wasn't, don't assume or put words in my mouth.
Football's significance and apalingness is just as justified as the GBBO's.:rolleyes:

The Great British Bake Off is literally the highlight of my week's TV!!! Sorry... just had to put that out there :smile:
Original post by EmyJ14
I missed the first two episodes :eek: And I've been meaning to catch up on them but I've been quite busy... I think they're still on iPlayer though :tongue:

I quite like Ian so far :tongue: What about you?

I like Ian so far as well and I'm liking Tamal as well but I thought Paul's lion bread was amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:five:

I like Ian but I think Tanal was robbed of star baker last week.
Tamal and Nadia ftw:ahee:

I would agree about Star Baker last week - like most probably, I do like Ian, but someone else could do with star baker - however, he must've done pretty well to get it over and above the others...

I think Alvin's quite good, but just needs to make something really great in the showstopper! I personally think Nadiya is not up at the standard the others are at... that's just my opinion though!
Original post by Eliseee_
I like Ian so far as well and I'm liking Tamal as well but I thought Paul's lion bread was amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paul's lion bread :redface: :redface: :redface:

And he did very well in the signature bake - it's a shame really, as if he'd done better in the technical, he really should've got star baker!
Original post by Aph
Do you mean league tables? If so I wouldn't Pay them much attention. The best thing you can do is go there and see if you feel comfortable, a university could be best in the world but if you don't like it you won't do well. Also look at the websites to get a good idea of what you would be studying. Again there is a lot of variation in the different modules on offer and you are better off doing things that interest you.

Also I would recommend looking at which university as well as UCAS because you can get more information about how you will study and how you would be examined (this can also be found on KIS but it looks nicer on which) because again if you are really good at coursework and the uni does all written examinations then you won't do as well

Ok, will do, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest