The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread Mark I 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antigone-
5 days until my first exam and 12 until they're all over :eek:

Whaat. That's crazy. Do you have like 2-3 exams?
Original post by SeanFM
Whaat. That's crazy. Do you have like 2-3 exams?

5 - 3 Politics, 1 English and 1 History! I feel horrible for the people with so many more :/
5 - 3 Politics, 1 English and 1 History! I feel horrible for the people with so many more :/

5 exams in 7 days or 5 in 12? :s-smilie:

Those aren't exactly easy exams either.. :s-smilie: worst timetable ever.
Original post by SeanFM
5 exams in 7 days or 5 in 12? :s-smilie:

Those aren't exactly easy exams either.. :s-smilie: worst timetable ever.

God I just realised I worded everything in the wrong way! 5 days until my first exam, and then my last exam is 12 days after that. So my whole exam period is 12 days long, starting in 5 days.

I know somebody with 12 exams which sounds awful
God I just realised I worded everything in the wrong way! 5 days until my first exam, and then my last exam is 12 days after that. So my whole exam period is 12 days long, starting in 5 days.

I know somebody with 12 exams which sounds awful

I have 10 exams over 41 days. I've already had 2, then I have 2 weeks without exams, then I have 4 exams within 2 days, and then I have 4 others which are slightly more spread out. :eek:
Original post by EmyJ14
I have 10 exams over 41 days. I've already had 2, then I have 2 weeks without exams, then I have 4 exams within 2 days, and then I have 4 others which are slightly more spread out. :eek:

That sucks! What a weird distribution :s-smilie:

I think I'm very lucky with mine, I just want them over and done with!
That sucks! What a weird distribution :s-smilie:

I think I'm very lucky with mine, I just want them over and done with!

I know, it's a bit annoying! :unimpressed: Although I suppose that I have chemistry and French on the same day, so the exam boards must assume that not many people take those two subjects together. The other two that I have on the same day are maths and a further maths retake, and I think that's fairly usual.

Yeah, me too! The thought of a really long summer is what's keeping me going :lol:
Original post by EmyJ14
I know, it's a bit annoying! :unimpressed: Although I suppose that I have chemistry and French on the same day, so the exam boards must assume that not many people take those two subjects together. The other two that I have on the same day are maths and a further maths retake, and I think that's fairly usual.

Yeah, me too! The thought of a really long summer is what's keeping me going :lol:

Maths and History have clashed for the past 2 years but they're the most popular A-levels so idk what's going on there! I think Law and Maths clash this year too

Chemistry and French clashing is probably quite fair, I don't think anybody does those together in my school :tongue:
Maths and History have clashed for the past 2 years but they're the most popular A-levels so idk what's going on there! I think Law and Maths clash this year too

Chemistry and French clashing is probably quite fair, I don't think anybody does those together in my school :tongue:

Yeah, there was one other person in my French class last year that also did chemistry, but she dropped French this year :tongue:
Subjects: A-Level : Product Design, ICT, Media
Grades hoping for: B B B
next: Engineering Apprenticeship (or) Administration Apprenticeship (either at Degree level)
Future: Mechanic or ICT Technician
Retake: If Necessary
Interesting Fact: Assemble a PC in less that 6 Minutes (Including Water Cooling)

A-Level AQA Product Design exam coming up, any tips? or revision notes i can use. just in case i missed anything.
hello everyone anyone doing french a2? book or film? any expected questions or hoping for something specific to come up on the exam? good luck to you all
Had my Psychology G543 exam yesterday...

... Looking at it realistically it could have gone a lot worse, but the Sports section was absolutely horrific so I can basically say bye-bye to Cardiff right now :frown:

Also looked at the WJEC Film Studies FM4 past grade boundaries. If my chance at Cardiff wasn't thrown away yesterday it sure will be tomorrow! :frown:
Original post by martalopezlinar
hello everyone anyone doing french a2? book or film? any expected questions or hoping for something specific to come up on the exam? good luck to you all

Which exam board are you doing? I'm doing edexcel and la haine, and I really want characters to come up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone hit the point where they want to take all their exams tomorrow and get them all done with? I'm soooooooo bored of revising now
Original post by rich1334
Anyone hit the point where they want to take all their exams tomorrow and get them all done with? I'm soooooooo bored of revising now

No I'm nowhere near ready! :eek:
Hi guys sorry I don't know where to post this but basically I really wanted to study pharmacy and after yesterday's chemistry exam I've just been so upset I think I will get an a in sociology overall a c in biology and a d in chemistry do I even have a slight chance of getting into pharmacy with ACD maybe at universities like Kingston though clearing I just feel like crying and feel so depressed now these are the grades I am most likely going to get now but my AS grades were really good a in re b in biology and chemistry and sociology and c in English lit and Lang and psychology plzz help
Hey, so the way things are going this year indicate I'd be lucky to get a good clearing course, SO:

What do I do? Is there a way to retake exams with the new spec change? I'm open to relearning the new spec if that's an option, but I don't really understand how it all works- would I have to retake 2 years? Or could I just study at home for a year then take the exams?

Everyone at my school typically goes on to Russell Group uni's so while some retake year 12, no ones ever retaken year 13. Any advice/ personal experience is welcome.Thanks!
Reply 1137
Original post by eating_oreos
Hey, so the way things are going this year indicate I'd be lucky to get a good clearing course, SO:

What do I do? Is there a way to retake exams with the new spec change? I'm open to relearning the new spec if that's an option, but I don't really understand how it all works- would I have to retake 2 years? Or could I just study at home for a year then take the exams?

Everyone at my school typically goes on to Russell Group uni's so while some retake year 12, no ones ever retaken year 13. Any advice/ personal experience is welcome.Thanks!

Hi, the current spec exams are available next year for Resitting only. Your school almost certainly won't teach you but if you can self learn the stuff you need to know you could see if your school would let you sit the exams there.
three days left then im done...
Anyone got the unofficial mark scheme for OCR M1 (non mei) 2016???

Quick Reply

Latest